|Hens helping me make pancakes on Pancake Tuesday...|
|Mountains of flapjacks... (Greyson asked if we could do this every Tuesday)|
1. Making it to a spin class at a new-to-me studio on Monday night.
2. Thoughtful Valentines gifts from both my work husband (bottle of vino) and real husband (pretty flowers).
3. Watching Greyson go through all of his Valentines; that kid so appreciates everything he gets and it was the cutest thing watching him lay out every card and trinket and muse about who gave him what.
1. The school shooting in Florida. This low deserves a post of it's own, but I am totally heartbroken and ashamed of our country that another one of these senseless mass shootings has occurred. If I realize that the boys have left for school in the morning without me having given them a hug and a kiss goodbye, I panic for a moment and my mind goes to that bad place of what if something happens to them and I never got to hug them goodbye? This isn't normal; this isn't how it should be and we as a country need to stop sending useless prayers for the hot second these weekly shootings are in the news and do something about it. AR-15s should not be accessible to regular people. The leader of our country shouldn't be signing bills rolling back regulations that make it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase firearms. I mean, excuse my language but what the fuck? Isn't this all backwards? Furious and devastated at the same time.
2. A very expensive vet visit for poor Greta on Monday. My fur baby had developed strange lesions on her face that made me fear she had picked up ringworm from somewhere. $650 later, all tests came back negative (they're still studying a hair culture to absolutely rule out ringworm), which thankfully means there's nothing wrong with her, but jesus, I thought I was feeling poor last week...? Oh, and she needs to go in for a teeth cleaning next week too. FML.
3. Grant's returning flight getting delayed, resulting in him missing his connection and meaning he won't be returning home from his 4-day trip until late tonight.
Best Thing I Ate This Week...
Valentines chocolates from Little Johns, the best chocolatier in LA.
We are sadly without a sitter this weekend (which is probably a good thing since we're feeling mighty poor!) so not a whole lot of plans.
Tonight, I'll be last-minute solo with the kids so maybe we'll do a movie night so they can see G when he gets home (Greyson was so excited he was coming home today, it was the first thing he said to me when he ran into my bathroom this morning - "Daddy's coming home today!!").
The usual karate/basketball activities tomorrow, hoping to take a yoga class at a new-to-me place (loving Classpass BTW, why did I wait so long to join?!) and then depending on what we do for dinner tonight (pizza's usually easiest with the kids), might do Mozza2Go take-out tomorrow night as a belated Valentine's celebration.
Sunday we've got Grant's cousin coming over for brunch and Greyson has a birthday party in the afternoon.
And no plans for President's Day on Monday. Maybe I'll take the boys to see Peter Rabbit?