I heart emails!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A couple things to be thankful for...

Happy Thanksgiving!

We always have a lot to be thankful for, but this year, I'm feeling especially thankful for everything we've been blessed with. 
Here are a couple of things I'm particularly grateful for...

- A happy and healthy baby boy who is seriously the light of my life. I can't even remember what it was like before he came around and am so unbelievably lucky that I get to spend everyday with him, watching him discover new things and grow up into the fine little man he's becoming. 
I am so proud to be his mama.



- An amazing husband who works tirelessly to support our little family, who's never pulled any crap about dirty diapers or middle of the night Hayes duties (and who's getting an awful lot of experience with poo in the bathtub!). I know I don't tell him enough but I am so incredibly grateful for everything he is to us and couldn't pick a better partner to go through life with...

- A seriously awesome support system through our families. I have no idea what we would do without our weekly babysitting services from Grandma and Grandpa. I absolutely love how often Hayes is able to see his Nana and Pappa and cherish the memories we are creating through the numerous family vacays we've taken together and plan to take in the future. And whether it's hand-me-downs and advice from his Auntie Jess, weekends away vacationing in FL with his Auntie Whitney (still the longest we've been able to peel ourselves away from the little guy!) or an abundance of love and smooches from Auntie V, our families keep us going and we are so so thankful.




- The fact that Hayes has been able to meet 4 of his great grandparents. Crazy!




- An amazing nanny who keeps our house in order, our little babe smiling and mama sane.

- My job and boss. Somehow I've managed to obtain the most ideal scenario when it comes to being a working mother and not a day goes by where I'm not so appreciative of that.

Those are the biggies. A couple of simple things I'm thankful for as well?...

- Pinterest... completely obsessed!

- My iPhone. I don't know what I was doing living in the dark ages for so long. The camera alone is worth the upgrade. Definitely need to do more facetime with friends and fam in 2012.

- Snuggles from Greta Faye. She has handled all of the changes in 2011 amazingly and she will always be my #1 feline daughter.



- Red cups at Starbucks. I know they jumped the gun this year but they still make me smile...

- The navigation in my car... I am no longer afraid to drive downtown - something I've been working on for 8 years!

- Trashy television. While a serious episode of Grey's Anatomy is enjoyable once in awhile, I look forward to spending the evening with the Zoe camp, my Housewives neighbors or my gal pal Guiliana much, much more.

I could go on and on (and that's a good thing!) but to make a long story short, 
I'm thankful for everything and everyone in my life and can only hope that what's in store for us in 2012 is half as good as what we lived in 2011.

Hope y'all have a good Thanksgiving!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment