I heart emails!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lucky Mama

Hayzey's been on a pretty sporadic waking schedule as of late - 
it's literally different everyday. 
For the past couple days, he's been waking up super early, so I've been giving him an all-business feeding and then putting him back in his crib (somewhat greedily!), praying he doesn't realize he's been in there for 11+ hours and falls back to sleep.

On Tuesday, he fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until 9:40a!!! 
We think he had a Halloween hangover. Unfortunately, he was still sleeping when I left for work - which totally bummed me out that I couldn't be there when he woke up, because he's just so delicious and cuddly and snuggly when he wakes up.

Grant was in SF last night for work so I was kind of dreading this morning as it's always kind of tricky to get ready for work when it's just me there to take care of Hayes and get myself organized at the same time. So I was quite happy when he fell back to sleep after our all-business feed as it gave me a chance to get myself prepped for the day without having to worry about entertaining him at the same time. And luckily he woke up right before I left at 8:30 so I was able to get in a quick snuggle to start my day off right :)

It reminded me just how amazing it is to have this little man in my life and how incomplete it felt before he came along. I am a very lucky mama.

And it gave great relevance to this quote I happened to read today:
“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.” - Anonymous
I know some of you have already seen this, but for those who haven't, enjoy - 
it's guaranteed to make you smile...

video



No comments:

Post a Comment