I heart emails!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

I cannot believe that Christmas is in a mere 5 days... 
Where on earth did the year go?!?
Anyone who knows me knows that this is by far and away my favorite time of year. I love everything about it; the Christmas tunes on repeat, the twinkly lights on the tree, the fact that everybody seems to have caught that holiday spirit and are overall friendlier and more social than usual. 
I rarely pass up an opportunity to wish someone Happy Holidays and am pleased as punch when people do the same to me!

This year, Christmas will be a little different than usual because sadly, my sisters aren't coming home for it. I will miss them terribly, but luckily we're all meeting up in Aspen for New Years Eve, so at least the whole fam will be together at some point during the holidays. And Grant's family will be filling in for them which means that Hayzey will be with both sets of grandparents for his first Christmas and Casa Mailloux won't feel too empty...

Here are a few things I'm especially looking forward to this year...

...the Christmas decorations at my parents' house. Penny goes all out, but in a classy way, so Christmas at Casa Mailloux kind of feels like you're in the pages of Elle Decor. I'm particularly curious to see the ginormous tree, which I've been told has a serious lean that's being rectified by pressies.
...the massage I scheduled for Friday morning. I need to decompress.
...getting some more use out of my seasonal sparkle attire at holiday cocktails on the 23rd.
...skyping with Auntie Whitney to write the Christmas letter, a Mailloux tradition that even 2,086 miles can't hinder.
...waking Hayzey up for his very first Christmas morning. 
...New Years in Aspen; being with the whole family, skiing (and more importantly apres ski), lounging by the fire and indulging in yummy food.

We're getting an early start on the festivities tonight when Grant and I exchange gifts at home. As you can see, Hayes is also quite anxious to get Christmas started...

Like mother, like son...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment