I heart emails!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hayes-isms...

Some recent Hayes-isms...

- he's starting to understand direction (even though he may not always follow it!). When I go into his room in the morning or after a nap, I'll say, "May I have your binky please?" and he'll pull it out of his mouth and hand it to me. When he's about to get into something he shouldn't be getting into (ex/ pulling picture frames off coffee tables, going towards cords and plugs) we'll say, "Hayes, no!" and he'll turn to us and give us the fakest smile as if to say, "but I'm so cute, can't I please?" and then go back to what he was doing...
- he's understanding the concept of sharing. He'll pick up a toy and willingly hand it to us. I know this won't last so I'm enjoying it while I can. Although I will say that we had a playdate with his friend, Gavin this weekend and Hayes was NOT the biter/hitter out of the twosome!...
- he totally gets what a phone is for (which tells me we must be on it far too often!). We'll pretend to talk on the phone and then say, "Hayes, it's for you..." and put it up to his ear. Maybe I'm imagining it but he really looks like he's listening to what's coming from the other end. This morning, he even made a hello sound when he was "on the phone". Swear.To.God.
- his PJs are getting runs in the knees from all of the crawling...
- forget toys. His favorite thing to do is to go through Mama's purse or diaper bag. He'll sit there and take every item out, examining it and putting it off to the side. It keeps him entertained for what seems like forever in baby time :)

can I help you?  
- we've recently learned how to splash...


No comments:

Post a Comment