I heart emails!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Words.

The #FEBPHOTOADAY challenge calls for a picture of 'words' today so I've decided to post a pic of the words I'm currently reading:

words.
Making good on one of my new year's resolutions, I've decided to try and read one book a month in 2012, which doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but if you knew just how tired I am at the end of the day when I literally collapse into bed, you'd understand why this might be a bit of a challenge. 

In January, I finally finished The History of Love, which I have to admit, I didn't love all that much since it took me FOREVER to get through and, being a book that jumped around all over the place with multiple points of views, it was very hard to follow over a 6 month period. (Gimme a break, I was a new mom who was seriously sleep deprived!). I also read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? while we were in Maui, which was an easy breezy comical read (recommend if you need something to laugh at for a couple of days). 

I chose A Paris Wife for February's book since I wanted something a little more serious to get lost into. So far, so good (although I'm only about 30 pages in!). Hoping I can stick to my goal of one a month :)

And while we're on the topic of words, thought I would post one of my favorite quotes I've seen about motherhood, which I think is a great mantra to live by as we enter toddlerhood with H (my Mommy & Me group sent some handouts about how to manage tantrums this week so I fear for what is around the corner!). I think some of the best advice to give parents, at any stage of their child's life is to remember to breathe :)

Photo credit - why, Pinterest of course!
Promise to post Hayes' 11 month pictures tomorrow - there's a lot of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment