I heart emails!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Friday!

It's been a very busy week for me, hence the lull in this 'ole blog. 
I was in Nashville from Monday - Wednesday for meetings, meetings, meetings. It was a very productive couple of days with my team and clients, although I think I gained 10 lbs from the quantity of fried chicken and desserts I consumed (those Nashvillians sure know how to eat!). I returned late Wednesday eve, eager to see my boys - it took an immense amount of willpower not to wake up Hayes when I got home; instead, I crept into his room and took in a nice long stare of my peaceful babe in slumberland ;)

Hayes has definitely kept up his moodiness that he was exhibiting last weekend. I think this is just life with a toddler now - when he's unhappy, he wants you to know he's unhappy... and straight away! Overall, compared to other babies, he is still a dream, but we've been so spoiled by his easy temperament, we can't help but complain when he is anything but pleasant. I've been reading a couple of books about toddlers (are you really surprised?) and most say that a big reason why tantrums start is because of all of the big feelings they are experiencing and not knowing what to do with all of those emotions. I really think that's the case - big feelings and no real way to communicate them besides whining and crying. So we'll push through it, find our own way to communicate, and I think the most important thing is making sure Hayes knows he's heard and being there for him when he needs it. Man, do I sound like a hippy dippy parent who's fully drunk the attuned parenting kool aid?!...

Auntie V comes into town late tonight so we're looking forward to spending some time with her. Not much on tap this weekend, besides hanging out. Here are a few of our plans...

...tonight, we're going to try this new restaurant and catch a flick, Friends with Kids before heading to LAX to pick Victoria up...
...Toddle Tunes tomorrow (we've only got two classes left, then we're onto swim lessons!)...
...hoping to get a mani/pedi while there's lots of people around to watch the boy for me...
...dinner tomorrow night, most likely taking in, with the Cohens...
...Sunday lunch, maybe at Tender Greens , with Victoria and Nini while Grant has a work lunch...
...and if there's time amongst all of that, hoping to make these cookies I found on pinterest. They look to.die.for.

Hope y'all have a nice weekend. Promise to take lots of pictures to share on Monday, I know I've been a slacker! Apologies for the boring all-text nature of this post, but I'm afraid the boy is stirring and I don't have time to upload any. 
Forgive me?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment