I heart emails!

Monday, March 19, 2012

A mature St. Paddy's Day weekend...

Grant and I have never been too big on the St. Paddy's Day celebrations, which says a lot considering we celebrate pretty much everything. I think the main reason why is because it falls so close to my birthday so we're usually recovering from whatever shenanigans took place a few weeks before. This year was no exception... the only difference was our non-celebratory observance wasn't due to the fact that we were still nursing hangovers from a big birthday night out on the town, it was because we are old.

In lieu of the rain-or-shine pub crawl that our friends imbibed in on the westside, we stocked up on some Irish staples and cooked up a feast with our house guests. On the menu?

...Irish Vintage Cheddar and Beer Fondu (which I mentioned in Friday's post), accompanied by sourdough bread, green apples, asparagus and cauliflower...
...Guinness braised roast beef with roasted red potatoes...
...Guinness Chocolate Pudding (recipe courtesy of my sister, Jess - they take a bit of effort but are to.die.for!)

We went to bed feeling like we had gained 10 lbs but it was deeee-licious! 
I think it might be a new tradition ;-)

Grant's cousin, Max and his girlfriend, DeLane were in town all weekend and although we didn't do much (we thought it was going to be torrential downpours all weekend so we didn't make any plans!), we had a great time catching up with them and Hayes enjoyed being spoiled rotten by his second cousin and Auntie DeLane. The little guy was a bit moodier than usual while our house guests were in town; I'm not sure if it's because maybe he's getting a few more chompers or maybe he's transitioning into a frustrated toddler who can't seem to express all of those emotions he's got. I'm in Nashville for work until Wednesday eve (Daddy's in charge!) so I'm hoping he figures it out by the time I get home (wishful thinking much?!).

Anyways, here are a couple shots from the weekend. I've only been gone from home for less than 24 hours and already miss my little fam terribly.

Daddy & Hayzey picking out our pie...
Hayes & his friend, Gavin at Toddle Tunes...
He takes the violin VERY seriously...
These funky drum shaker things? Not so much!
And happy 4th birthday to my darling Greta Faye, who turns 35 in cat years today. Meow!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment