I heart emails!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Weekend Recap...

We're back from the desert and the weather couldn't be more night and day to what it was this past weekend. IMHO, Daylight Savings absolutely sucks. It's dark when we wake up now and seems to stay light far too late - how can it already be bedtime for Hayes when the sun hasn't fully gone down? Maybe Arizona's onto something...

The silver lining to DST is that Hayes has been sleeping until about 8:30/9a the past 3 days, which makes getting ready in the morning a whole lot easier. Unfortunately, that means I barely get to spend any time with my little man before I'm off to work, but I guess that's the beauty of my lax work schedule - I can make up for lost time on other days of the week :)

The desert was fun, although not as relaxing as I would have hoped. Ever since I had Hayes, I've gone from somebody who could sleep through anything (I could literally fall asleep at a loud bar if I laid my head down on the table!) to somebody who I swear, hears noises before they happen. As a result, I don't have nearly as good of sleeps as before so I'm constantly tired... I think that might just be the way it is for all moms - I'm always waiting for Hayes to make a noise and when he doesn't, I worry about why it's so quiet. I can't win! Overall, it was a nice weekend though - great to spend time with friends and fun to escape the city for a mini-vacation. As you can see from the below pics, the desert looks good on Hayes (although let's be honest, what doesn't?!):

Can you say 'comfortable in the water'?...
Desert milk...
Hamming it up for the cam...
Swimming with Uncle Pat...
Brunching at the Parker... I cannot get enough of babies in adult sunnies!
Myrna and Olie were up in LA last night passing through on their way back to Angel's Camp so Hayzey got to spend some time with his greats. I absolutely love that's he's able to be so close to all of his grandparents and great grandparents - it's something I unfortunately wasn't able to experience and I think it's so important. We're looking forward to April when we get to see my parents (or Nana and Papa, as Hayes will call them) in Newport Beach for Easter and we also just booked our annual Memorial Day getaway to Scottsdale - bliss!
I still can't believe it's already mid-March - where has the time gone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment