I heart emails!

Monday, May 21, 2012

My guy...

Oh how I love my little guy... At a couple days shy of 15 months, he is at such a great, fun age. While he doesn't say any words (besides mama, but those are really just some sounds meshed together), he is definitely understanding much more than we think and we're quickly learning what he's trying to communicate through his various sounds and nonverbal cues. 

If you ask him if he wants to give Greta a treat, he'll excitedly run to the cupboard where we keep her food, eager to get the tiny morsel in his clumsy hands so he can hand it off to the cat. This is the only time Greta lets Hayes close to her and it's a big deal. After he deposits the treat into Greta's mouth, he ever-so-gently pats her back, all the while making a "Khee..." sound (maybe that's the beginnings of the word 'cat'??).

He's also started a work-out routine... I guess it's never too young to put your health first, right?:


He sleeps as if he's a bear in hibernation. Sometimes Grant and I lie in bed in the morning and wonder if he's ever going to wake up. On Saturday and Sunday, he slept from 8p - 9:20a, fully embracing his lazy weekend mornings. Today, understanding it's a Monday and all, he was up at an "early" 8a, ready to face the work week. I think our friends with kids want to kill us. We think Hayes must have some really bad behavior in store for us to make up for the love affair he's currently having with Mr. Sandman...

When he has playdates with friends, he never whines or cries, is always super eager to share his toys and is just such an easy-going and mellow dude. We think it's because he spends so much time around us and our friends, so he's taken note about how to act like an adult. Or maybe he's bottling up the biggest tantrum known to man and is planning on pulling it out at a really awkward moment, say Thursday afternoon when we're on the plane to Scottsdale.

Anyways, I don't mean to gush (but hell, this is my blog so I can do what I want!) but I am just so enamored with my little guy these days and am really enjoying this stage he's going through. I'm sure there are rough times ahead but I think we'll always look back fondly at this age - he really is the.best!

Here are some snaps of the weekend... Enjoy!
Twinsies!

Chowing down on a very LARGE strawberry at Larchmont Bungalow...
Hmm, this is pretty good!
What? Do I have something on my face??
Horsing around the backyard - so grateful to have so much space for him to run around...
A new friend at the park. Hayes got to baby first base (holding hands) pretty quickly after becoming acquainted on the swings...
Loving the sand...


No comments:

Post a Comment