I heart emails!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekend Recap...

This weekend was one of those great LA weekends - weather was perfect, not too much going on (but just enough to keep busy) and I went to bed Sunday night feeling very content and ready to take on the new week ;-)
Saturday morning tickles...
We started off the weekend with dinner with some friends of ours, Jodie and Omer, at a trendy Westside resto called Gjelina on Abbott Kinney. Grant and I headed over to AK early and had a quick drink at Tasting Kitchen next door, then met up with the Barons and enjoyed a smorgasbord of food including lots of yummy pizzas, burratas, caponatas and a delicious lamb gnocchi (and I don't even usually like lamb!). I met Jodie through my Mommy & Me class way back when and we've become quite good friends - we usually meet for lunch just the two of us and have done a couple of classes with the boys (they have a son, Gavin, who is a week younger than Hayes) so it was the first time we'd done an adult dinner with the hubbies - and it was a lot of fun!

We didn't really have a whole lot planned on Saturday and so we thought it would be fun to pick up some sandos and go on a mini-hike, then have a picnic somewhere outside where Hayes could roam free. The last time we went on a hike, it was such a schlep to pick up the food, drive to Franklin Canyon, park the car, figure out where we were going... You get the jist. By the time we got there, it was time to turn around and come home! So this time, we were in search for something a little more local and decided to try out a park that I drive past on my way to work every day in Culver City. It actually turned out to be perfect. The hike was definitely on the easier side (we opted for the interpretive nature walk up these wooden planks) and we ended up picnic-ing in a large baseball field, which was definitely a first, but the boy could run around as much as we desired and it was just a quick trip back in the car to get home in time for his afternoon nap. 
Hayes making his first home run on Daddy's shoulders...
Hayes' favorite activity seemed to be lugging our bag of trash all over the field, switching the bag from hand to hand...
It's the little things in life...
And Sunday - Mother's Day - was perfection. Hayes and Grant surprised me with a mini-breakfast in bed consisting of a piece of PB & honey toast and a thin mint (Hayes insisted!), along with some GORGEOUS flowers. We went on a family run after breakfast (way better than a solo workout at the gym) and after Hayes' am nap and a quick pit-stop at Nanna Susu's to drop off some well-deserved Mother's Day flowers, we had a family brunch, complete with rose prosecco, at The Lobster. My afternoon consisted of some shoe shopping and a pedi at Tootsies, then an early dinner with the in-laws at their new fave, 370 Common. It was the perfect day and I was reminded just how lucky I am to have such a great family - we may be a teeny tiny family of three but my two guys are everything I could ever ask for and I hope they know that doesn't go unnoticed ;-)

Tonight, Grant and I are having a long-overdue date night at a restaurant near our hood, Oliverio. He's off to San Fran tomorrow for work so we're squeezing in a mid-week dinner before I'm back to single mom mode for the rest of the week. Lots of travel for Grant lately and I think it's only going to get worse, but it comes with the territory when you've got something in common with this guy:



Yep, that's right, Grant received a well-deserved promotion a few weeks ago and is now a VP at his company! I couldn't be prouder - congrats bigou!

No comments:

Post a Comment