I heart emails!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

An early Father's Day celebration...

*
 One of Grant's favorite things on earth is dim sum. Living in a large city like LA, we have a bustling Chinatown that's full of dim sum options, but we rarely make it down there as it's such a schlep and let's be honest, how often are you in the mood for a huge Asian brunch spread? Nevermind what your waistline would look like!!

Last year, on Father's Day, Hayes and I took Grant to our go-to dim sum restaurant, Empress Pavilion. We decided that, it being Grant's favorite and all, we would make it an annual Father's Day tradition.

So you can imagine how bad I felt when I realized that a trip to Chicago we had booked for next weekend (a work trip for moi that we're folding some pleasure into) coincided with Father's Day - hence making it impossible to partake in our new dim sum tradition!

So we've improvised and yesterday Hayes and I surprised Grant with a little pressie (matching father and son Canes attire) and the news that we were going to be celebrating the day in his honor a little early. We'll still honor the day next weekend in Chicago, but we'll have had our little tradition - and you all know how much of a sucker I am for tradition.

Happy Father's Day bigou. I couldn't ask for a better dad to our boy. We love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment