I heart emails!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12th...

Today, June 12th, is an anniversary of sorts for Grant and me for a couple of different reasons. 

It was 13.5 years ago today that we shared that first smooch that officially kicked off our union. We stopped celebrating half year anniversaries awhile ago, but I still like to acknowledge them!

And it was 9 years ago today that we crossed the border into California and started calling LA our home. Who knew that not only would we still be here all these years later, but that we would have planted firm roots down by buying our first house and that we'd have also started our family here? I don't know if we'll stay in LA forever, but it will always have a very special place in our hearts.

*
 This afternoon, I'm meeting the huz up in San Francisco, the City by the Bay, for a one-night-only dinner a deux, followed by a party his company is throwing. Grant travels to SF pretty much on a biweekly basis and he's constantly hitting the town with his co-workers, who sound like a hoot, frequently ending their evenings at various hole-in-the-wall karaoke bars. Not sure what I've signed myself up for, but should be fun!

Grandma is taking care of the boy tonight, which we're so grateful for. I have to say, even though it's only one night,  I was a little sad this morning when I said goodbye to him and am already missing this face terribly ;-(


We're back tomorrow and will pack our bags right up again to go to Chicago on Thursday. Hayes is joining us for that one and we're excited to see some good friends and Hayzey's future wifey. Their arranged marriage has been in the works basically since we found out Collins was going to be a girl (she's a younger lady by 2.5 months) and I'm anxious to see them together again. I think they're gonna love it.

Collins & Hayes, August 2011
 Will try and post again before the weekend, but keep your eyes out for a special guest post as well, in honor of Father's Day on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment