I heart emails!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Terrorism 2 .0

The level of terrorism has reached a new high at our house - we are on red alert.
Hayes blows through rooms like the Tasmanian Devil, in destroy mode during his every waking moment. He's happy and easy going when he's doing it, but the damage is being done.
I find myself following closely behind him, cleaning up his messes like a human vacuum cleaner. He tears my shoes down off the shelves, rips my purses off the door handle. The tupperware cupboard is emptied out multiple times a day. Yesterday, I left him alone for a nanosecond, only to return to the dining room to see him standing on the bench, about to climb on the table.

DESTROY MODE!
...but cute as the dickens!
 It's times like these I wish I had eyes on the back of my head, because boy oh boy would those come in handy right about now!

I'm excited that our little man continues to be passionately curious. It's as if I can literally see him learning new things everyday, which is fascinating. It's still unbelievable to me how much of a sponge they are at this young age, and how much he's soaking in absolutely everything we're doing or saying. 

I just fear that our house is about to be completely raged. Oh well, c'est la vie!

This past week was a whirlwind of travel, starting off with me going up to SF to meet the huz last Tuesday night, then the whole fam heading to Chicago on Thursday for a long weekend. I happened to have a work event in Evanston, IL, so we used that as an excuse to make a trip out there to visit our friends Dan and Cassie, as well as my sister-in-law, whom we've taken to calling Auntie V.

Technically, you don't have to buy a seat on the plane for kids under the age of 2, so Hayes traveled as a lap infant on the 3.5 hour flight. The way over wasn't so great - we were trapped in our row by a 400 lb beast, who occupied the aisle seat. Hayes was cramped, missed out on both of his naps, and due to a faulty arm rest that wouldn't stay in an elevated position, he really had nowhere to go but our laps. We told ourselves that we would never fly with out him having his own seat again and were even reconsidering going on our annual Hawaii trip as it just seemed too hard to travel with a toddler anymore...

But then something miraculous happened on the way home. We were fully expecting it to be a hellacious 4 hours, but when we got on the plane (which we nearly missed by mere minutes!), we situated him in between us, put YGG on the iPad and a calm silence ensued. He pretty much sat in between us, not making a peep for the entire 4 hour flight. At one point, the flight attendant even asked if he was always this good (which I was sure was going to jinx his good behavior). He was a total rock star and I think he may have earned his September beach vacation back ;-)

Here are some snaps from the weekend. As you can see, Hayes and Collins continued their love affair as kisses and hugs were aplenty. It was great to see the Carvers and Auntie V and we just wished we lived closer so we could do it more often...

First kiss xx
A romantic tub...


No comments:

Post a Comment