I heart emails!

Friday, June 1, 2012

Weekend Agenda

Cheers to the freakin' weekend!

We're staying local this weekend and have a bunch of fun plans, including...

...tonight, Chef Grant-San is whipping up a sushi feast. Yep, that's right - homemade sushi ;-) We've stocked up on some fresh fish and asian-inspired sides at Whole Foods and I'm leaving dinner and drinks in his very competent hands. Looking forward to an Omasake in the comfort of my very own home!
...tomorrow, assuming it's nice weather and June Gloom hasn't taken over SoCal, we'll do some fun outdoor activities with the boy, maybe take him on a hike or to horse around at the park. Grandma and Grandpa are coming up tomorrow evening to assume babysitting duties while the huz and I hit the town for a date night.
...plans for our date night include catching a flick (What to Expect when you're Expecting would be my top pick) and then re-visiting a new gem we discovered a few months ago, Plan Check. Their burger is up there with some of the best in LA - they use a delicious 'ketchup leather' which is sweet and salty and has a nice solid consistency that is present in every bite - my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
...Sunday is the Annual SORO Festival, which stands for South of Robertson, the area we live in. We took Hayes last year when he was just a tiny babe and it was a fun local thing to walk to where they had all sorts of activities and food trucks. Perfect for a casual Sunday afternoon!

In other news, my sister-in-law, Victoria just started an adorable food blog called Dahlicious Eats in which she details her adventures in cooking and just being a foodie altogether. Her very first post inspired me to try a different technique for a recipe for a faux fried rice with kale, which we happened to be having last night (great minds!), so I'm looking forward to seeing what else she has up her sleeve. Check it out when you have a chance!

And I've decided to try the #photoaday challenge again for the month of June, which I'll be posting on Instagram and FB in lieu of this blog. If you're interested, follow me on Instagram - my name is chanel115. Here's the challenge:



And finally, here are the boy's 15 month pics for your viewing pleasure:






Hope y'all have a great weekend!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment