I heart emails!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hayes-isms - 16.5 months

Our little guy is growing up. This week, we've started the dropping-a-nap process, pushing his morning back 15 minutes a day in the hopes that eventually it'll merge into his afternoon nap for one nice, long siesta. I held onto the two naps a day thing for as long as I possibly could, but over the past couple of weeks, I think he's started to show us that he's ready. I'm still not quite convinced, but figure I'll keep it flexible, knowing on some days he may take two, others one, others none. And while the thought of having him awake for the entire morning is a little daunting (When will I shower? How will I keep him entertained? Can I really work from home with a 16 month old tugging at my sleeve?!), I'm actually looking forward to being able to do more with him and not having to be a slave to the am/pm nap schedule anymore. Check back in with me in a couple weeks to see how it goes - fingers crossed!

Some recent Hayisms, as of late...

...We've caught him splashing around with his hands in the toilet a couple times over the past week. Unfortunately for Grant, the first time he did this, we didn't realize why his hands were wet until after Hayes had caressed his face before giving him a kiss. Yep, toilet water on the face - ew!
...He loves to balance on anything and everything.

...He knows how to sit, lie down and roll over. Yes, we're aware that he's a child and not a dog!
...If you ask him where something is and he doesn't know, he'll put his hands out to his sides, palms facing up with a furrowed brow and an "I don't know" look on his face. I melt.
...He is pointing at everything and while he's stopped saying "Mama" and "Dada", when you ask him where we are, he'll point to each of us. I think he's just building up a reservoir of words that he'll string together in one long sentence the day he finally decides to talk.
(Side note: I had a friend who told me that her nephew didn't talk until some crazy late age, like 2 years or something. Then one day, out of the blue, he looked at his mom and said "I love bacon." Ha!)
...He is apparently afraid of Elmo.
...At 16.5 months, we finally have another tooth about to come in! The tooth to the right of his bottom front teeth has cut the gum, bringing the total up to a whopping 4!

That's all for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment