I heart emails!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A weekend with the Greats!

Tomorrow, the boy and I are flying solo up to Oakland, where we're meeting the huz and heading to one of my favorite places: Angel's Camp.

I know I've talked about Angel's Camp before; we go there every Thanksgiving with Grant's mom's side of the family. Grant's grandparents - so Hayzey's Greats - live up there full-time and I absolutely love it. They live in an adorable house right on a sprawling golf course, perfect for an 18 month old toddler to let loose. And Angel's Camp and it's surrounding towns are cute and quaint; they feel like they're from another, simpler time - cute cafes, movie theaters without all the bells and whistles, lots of foliage. Neighboring town Murphy even has an area where you can pan for gold, make your own candles and ride a horse drawn carriage - what more could a kid want?!

Grant and I decided it would be fun to head up there for the weekend just the three of us, so Hayes could spend some serious quality time with his Great Grandparents. We recognize how incredibly lucky Hayes is to have three of his four Greats not only still alive, but still alive and very well (I swear, they could pass for 15-20 years younger than they all are) and we want him to spend as much time with them as possible. 


I'm looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend and praying that I can handle Hayes on my own tomorrow at the airport. Babies travel with a lot of stuff and I only have so many arms! Assuming I'm able to maneuver the car seat, stroller, diaper bag and suitcase - not to mention the 30 lb ball of energy that comes along with it all! - I should be okay. I've got a lunch box packed full of every snack imaginable and binkies on hand, so the quick flight up there should be easy peasy - keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Hope y'all have a great Labor Day weekend. 
I promise to take lots of pics for some lengthy posts next week ;-)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment