I heart emails!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Loves...


*

The end of Summer is a little bittersweet for me. On one hand, I'll miss the warm Summer days where Hayes needed nothing more than his birthday suit to hang out in. On the other hand, I'm super excited to transition into Fall clothing - rich colors, comfy leather boots, warm and cozy scarves and fur vests. Fall also means a shift in cooking - I'm anxious to dust off the old Le Creuset and make some yummy soups and chilis!
 
The best egg sandwich you'll ever have (recipe here). The secret is in the way you cook the eggs, kinda like a crepe. This has become a staple weeknight meal for me when the huz is out of town - simple, filling and comforting all in one!

*
Maybe it's because this year is the first year I've been able to vote (Hello, citizenship!) or maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but our TV has been tuned into the DNC this week (I even opted to watch Bill's speech last night instead of catching up on Bachelor Pad - can you imagine?!). I'm not one to talk politics, but Clinton rocked the house and if Michelle ever decided to run for pres, she's got my vote!

*
Such a great idea to capture a snapshot of what you did on a certain day. I'm a sucker for nostalgia and love to look back to see what I did this time last year, 5 years ago, 10 years ago. We gave my dad a leather bound journal with a similar concept for his birthday this year and I'm thinking I might do the same thing with a little homemade version of my own. Let's get crafty!

I stumbled upon this gem of Grant when he was around Hayes' age when we were up in Angel's Camp and had to share. Do you think Hayzey's his father's son?!? Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment