I heart emails!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Blowing through Chi-town...

So it turns out it wasn't so great to be a Miami Hurricane this weekend. ND obliterated our Canes in a disappointing 41-3 final score (we actually left early, it was so bad). It was a VERY chilly couple of hours and I was relieved to meet up with our friends and family post-game and saddle up to a warm bar to end the evening. Moral of the story is, warm weather games where we win (or it's at least close) are MUCH more fun what we witnessed on Saturday and I'll be rethinking attending away games against good teams in future Winter months!

Besides the obvious downer of the weekend, we had a great time seeing our friends and family. It's so handy that they all live in the same city so when we visit there, we can knock a bunch of people off our list, not to mention pretty much guarantee we'll be in good company. I left Chicago happy to get home, but also in my usual state of nostalgia when leaving those I love; I wish we lived closer and could do it more often but I guess it makes it all the more special when we do finally get to see each other again.

Cohens do Chicago...

Feeding each other blueberries...
A thank you smooch...
Young love...
Reunited with my sissy!
Love this girl...
Hayes had a great time with his Grandma and Aunties while Mom and Dad revisited their youth with some good ole fashioned tailgating and a night on the town. He's gotten to the age where he really seems to notice when we're leaving or gone for a little bit, which makes the reunion all the more exciting (and the departures all the more difficult). (Side note: we got home last night and after going down relatively easily, he woke up in a panic at 1am, tossed his binkies and started screaming. We were all a little out of sorts and after basically throwing Greta across the bed - I forgot she was lying at my feet! - I ran into his room and he looked at me, visibly relieved, let out a "Mama!" and flopped back down to go to sleep. I think the poor kid is terrified we're going to leave him again and doesn't know which way is up, he's traveled to so many places this month!).

We're in LA now indefinitely (minus a few work trips we might have coming up) and I'm looking forward to spending a few consecutive weekends in town, doing fun Fall things like going to the pumpkin farm, celebrating Halloween and cooking big batches of soups and chilis that we can enjoy in front of our new fire (Grant bought me some gorgeous gas logs for our anniversary seeing that 5 years is supposed to be wood!).

Now if only the LA temps would fall below 70... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment