I heart emails!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Coming up for air...

You'd think not having any trips planned and not too much on the agenda would mean loads and loads of free time to blog to my heart's content. Unfortunately, it's been quite the opposite the past couple of weeks and with work, Hayzey's jam-packed social calendar, errands and appointments, I've barely had a minute to sit down and relax!

The good thing about being so busy is that I've been reminded on more than one occasion lately how lucky I am to have an enthusiastic kiddo and supportive hubby. I truly have it made with my little family and love that when things get tough and I haven't had the best day, coming home to my guys makes everything better.


The weather has finally gotten a little cooler (hello boots and scarves!) and we've gotten into the Fall spirit by making big pots of chicken tortilla soup and comforting loaves of pumpkin pecan banana bread. Hayzey has proven to be quite the little helper in the kitchen and I'm happy to have found a new activity that keeps him engaged and excited (not to mention having a totally delicious outcome!).


 Last week, I took Hayes to Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch for his very first field trip with his pre-school. He had a ball at the petting zoo (we had to convince them to let us in twice!) and going down the giant inflatable slide (which I had to hoist him up myself - this thing was HUMONGOUS - it's a miracle we both didn't plummet to the bottom). He spent a large chunk of time just chilling in the pumpkins though - me thinks this is because last weekend, when Grant and I took him to our local pumpkin patch to pick out the gems for our annual carving contest, we had him pose in the pumpkins for awhile while I furiously snapped away, hoping to secure a goody for our holiday card. I think Hayes is under the impression that where many pumpkins lie, so does a photo session!


As if one petting zoo in one week wasn't enough, on Sunday, Grandpa drove on up and we went to the Fall Festival at the Grove. This petting zoo blew the other one out of the water - there were full on llamas and kangaroos running around! 

 
Hayes enjoyed throwing hay in the faces of the goats, as witnessed by the below. 



We also saw the world's largest potato (who even knew that was a thing) and Hayes helped himself to a souvenir. 


Looking forward to the Halloween festivities that lie ahead this week.

And lastly, I wanted to wish my sister-in-law a belated birthday (it was yesterday, but after dropping my phone into a measuring cup full of water, I spent Hayes' nap googling "iphone and rice" in an attempt to fix it instead of updating a lady... - by the way, the rice trick really does work!). 
Happy birthday Victoria - we love you!

















No comments:

Post a Comment