I heart emails!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

4 more years!

It has been quite the week.

When I last left you, dear readers, it was a week ago today. I had a surgery scheduled that I didn't go into any details about on this 'ole blog because it definitely wasn't one of my loves and who wants to read about health problems when there's so much cuteness to cover instead?!

My surgery was successful (I had a very large kidney stone that had been giving me what I thought were back problems for the past 6 months or so whose eviction notice was served and executed thankyouverymuch!) and I was sure that I'd be back to my old self by the weekend; I was even crazy enough to think that I might be able to do a light trick or treat with Hayes the night of my surgery (?!). Recovery didn't go as smoothly as planned and to make a long story short, I actually ended up taking a trip to the ER with an overnight visit at beautiful Cedars Sinai on Monday night so they could take care of the pain (thank you morphine!) and monitor my erratic heart, which was trying to tell us in a very timid way that she wasn't too thrilled with what was going on with the rest of my body.

24 hours later, I was back at home - just in time to exercise my civic duty and walk on over to our polling station, the temple across the street (I guess it does have it's benefits after all). Weighed the pros and cons between B.O. and Rosanne Barr but am happy with the winner I chose - 4 more years!
(excuse my outfit - I look like a Pico Blvd bum, but I had literally just come from Cedars!)
Yay!
Hayes immediately put his stickers where he thinks all stickers should go - his face.
I'm taking it easy for the rest of the week and working from the comfort of my own bed. Nurse Greta has resumed her duties by my side and I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. It's been a crummy week, to say the least. I've missed my boy, who I feel like I haven't been able to do anything normal with and am looking forward to getting back to life as usual. I'm sure poor Grant, who stayed by my side pretty much the whole time I was in the hospital and has been waiting on me hand and foot for the past week, is too! 

 
A week like that really makes you realize how much we take our health for granted; when you don't have any health problems, you don't think about how horrible it would be to have them, and even with the minor issues I was dealing with, it reminded me how lucky I am to be in good health and how important it is to take care of yourself.

Hope you're all having a good week. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment