I heart emails!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Vacation Bliss...

Hawaii was, in one word, GLORIOUS! I always forget how much I forget that place until I go back. I've decided there's really no reason to ever vacation anywhere else if you're looking for a nice, relaxing trip where the most important decision of the day is whether to go to the beach or the pool.

Hayes was in his glory all week long, swimming in the pool, playing with the hose and enjoying lots of quality time with Nana and Pa-PA. The flight there and back was a breeze, thanks to the fact that we plunked down a well-worth-it chunk of cash for him to have his own seat. He slept about as good as we could have hoped (minus one night where he was insistent on escaping the crib - more on that later) and could not have been more in his element in the islands.


I'm devoting this post to a recap of pictures from our amazing vacation for I'd like to acknowledge it as such before beginning to explain the struggles we've started to deal with since we've been home. Put it this way: the terrible twos have arrived with a vengeance and I think we are in for a real treat.

In the meantime, here are some snaps from a fantastic week. Already looking forward to next year!

Checking out the beach at Hualalai with Uncle Don...
My boys...
Soaking in the view from the lanai during breakfast...
Kisses for Pa-PA!
First Hawaiian Shaved Ice in Hawaii...
Celebrating Mom's bday at my favorite place on earth, The Beach Bar @ Hualalai...
The boys golfing at Mauna Kea...

Although he looks pained, this is in fact, Hayes' new smile...
An impromptu dance party with Nana and Papa...
Bringing YGG to the islands with a little father/son puppetmaster...
Cheers to an amazing trip!


1 comment:

  1. Well he might be a terrible 2.. but at least he is the cutest 2 year old EVER. Can't wait to see the big boy bed

    ReplyDelete