I heart emails!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Awake!

Here's a peak into a new game we've been playing around the house lately, aptly called Awake!
 
 

(There was supposed to be more to this video but alas, the 1000+ pictures and videos I have on my iphone have depleted whatever storage I might have had so this is as much as it would let me record - I'm in dire need of a iphone spring cleaning!)

The game came about after Hayes decided he didn't want to give kisses anymore, which was obviously unacceptable. So we've somehow tricked him into being generous with the smooches by pretending to be asleep and, like sleeping beauty, we can only be awoken by the kisses of HTC. 

A funny side note to this story... the past few days have been challenging to say the least in the whole sleep department with Hayes. He's all of a sudden decided that he doesn't want to go to sleep in his own room. Hours of standing at the door crying every night and coming into our room to have his last hour of sleep precisely in the area of our bed that is usually reserved for yours truly has made everybody a little grumpy around here. But the other morning, when him and I were lying with our faces mere inches apart (I pretending to sleep so I could relish in a few more minutes of shut-eye and he staring at me, sucking feverishly on his binky), he spit his binky out and put his wet lips against mine and said ever so quietly, "awake!"; and although I was a sleep deprived zombie, I couldn't help but giggle at my little silly goose ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment