I heart emails!

Friday, March 22, 2013

This week seemed to creep by at a snail's pace. I don't know what it was but I found myself frequently saying, "Is it only Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday?!?!". Very happy to welcome Friday with open arms and hope the weekend takes just as long ;-)

On tap?

...tonight, we're headed to our fave pizza place, Mozza with some close friends. I've been craving some good za all week and I think a slice of the fennel sausage will hit the spot!

*
 ...our weekend days are likely to be filled with college basketball. The husband's even gone so far as to change our guide settings so it ONLY shows the channels that get the games (thank goodness my DVR'd Zoe and Kardashian garbage are still accessible!). Anyways, I don't mind too much as our beloved Hurricanes are a pretty solid team this year and after jumping on the bandwagon and filling out a bracket, I feel like I have a horse in the game (even if my bracket's pretty much busted already!).

... diving a little deeper into my book, Defending Jacob, by William Landay. My friend, DeLane recommended it and so far I'm completely hooked. Makes my time on the elliptical at the gym fly by!
...date night tomorrow: a trendy art gallery, followed by dinner at our one of our favorite burger joints
...lots of relaxing - Hayes and I have both had colds this week so I'm hoping to kick those in the ass
...whipping up a batch of these bad boys - I'll let you know how they turn out!

In other news, Grant's days of leisurely unemployment are coming to an end on Monday, when he returns to work, running business development for a cool new company, Gradient X. He's spent the last couple of months searching for the perfect opportunity and although Hayes and I will miss having him around all the time (especially on days like today, when he decided to fire up the grill for a weekday bbq full of dogs and pulled pork sliders!) we're really excited for him. 
Knock 'em dead bigou!

Hope y'all have a great weekend and Go Canes!

No comments:

Post a Comment