I heart emails!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Cheers to the freakin' weekend!

I apologize for the blog silence as of late. It's my busiest time of year at work, with our biggest event, the Tour of California, right around the corner so my days have been spent actually earning my paycheck lately instead of keeping you all up to speed with the happenings of me and my loves...

I wanted to do a quick Friday check-in to let you know that I hadn't forgotten about you and give you a snapshot of life around here lately.

Horsing around with Dada in the hot tub at Pelican Hill...
With the grands at Modo Mio in Newport Beach...
Pre-dinner story time with Nana...
New obsession: mummies...
Although the pictures above say otherwise, I'm sad to say that the terrible twos have arrived in full force. Our once sweet angel boy is expressing his individuality in every aspect of life - both when conscious and supposed-to-be unconscious - and it hasn't been a walk in the park. I find myself absolutely exhausted at the end of the day, wondering how stay-at-home moms do it. We're encountering full-on tantrums, whining, hitting and a lot of forceful "HAYES!!!" whenever we go to help the little guy out. I know it's completely normal and healthy for him to be asserting his independence but sometimes I wish he would just chill the f out and not be such a weirdo emo toddler. Is that terrible for me to say?

We also have a new nightly camper in our room. After weeks of us alternating hours sleeping on the floor in Hayes' room, we decided we'd try a different strategy and tell Hayes that he could either sleep in his comfortable bed, or he could sleep on the floor in our room. I know it looks like child abuse, but I think he really likes his new sleeping arrangement (and therefore we're a little worried that our strategy isn't having the long-term desired effect!); he creeps into our room every night between 3-4a, plops down on his pillow and is out until 7:30a. Everyone is getting more sleep, thankfully, so I guess that's all that matters! 


Grant's loving his new job but has been on the road a lot the past couple of weeks (which probably makes these trying times with Hayes seem even worse!). This weekend, we're off to a little getaway to Del Mar, a sleepy beach town just north of San Diego. We're leaving the boy with Nini and Pa and we intend on taking full advantage of our freedom by lounging by the pool, eating at various recommended establishments and going on a leisurely hike (sans stroller - bliss!) at Torrey Pines, which is supposed to be beautiful. I'll be sure to take lots of pics to share when we return next week.

In the meantime, hope you have a great weekend, wherever you are. It's 82 and sunny here in LA so the boy and I are off to the park to kill a few hours before the weekend officially begins ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment