I heart emails!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Prayers for Boston...

For those of you who don't know, I work in the Event Marketing division of an ad agency that handles Nissan Automotive's sponsorships and events. A large platform of ours is 'Personal Achievement', and within that platform, we sponsor 15+ running and cycling events throughout the country. Boston Marathon is one of our Tier One events, where we have a huge presence in the form of cars and people to help bring the brand to life in front of an influential audience of health and wellness enthusiasts.

Grant and I attended the marathon last year and were actually at the finish line around the exact same time the bombs went off yesterday. Luckily, for various reasons, I decided not to attend the event this year, but my mind keeps wandering to the what if... and I can't seem to stop thinking about how close to home this whole thing is. Thankfully, nobody I know who was there was harmed (a colleague of mine ran in the race and crossed the finish line 7 minutes before the first bomb went off. 7 minutes!) but I just feel sick about the innocent people who were there to participate or spectate an event that was supposed to bring a city closer together and promote some good in the world.

Anyways, I didn't mean for this to be a somber post, but feel that it's important to recognize what happened yesterday, personal ties or not. I squeezed Hayes a little tighter last night and was sadly once again aware of how lucky I am to have everyone I love in my life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment