I heart emails!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Recap

We had a great Memorial Day weekend in Scottsdale with my parents and our good friends, the Carvers. Grant and I have been going to Scottsdale for Memorial Day ever since we moved to LA 10 years ago - it's an easy and relaxing trip and happens to be one of my favorite weekends of the year.

Weather was perfect and actually on the cooler side (native Arizonians consider anything not in the triple digits "cool"). We decided to have our friends from Chicago, Dan, Cassie and Hayzey's future wifey, Collins fly out to meet us since we hadn't seen them since October and it was the last time Cassie could travel before having their #2 in early July. We spent lots of time relaxing poolside, laughing at the littles who were just too cute together and making a pit stop at Chase Stadium for just enough time to catch a couple innings of baseball and take down some stadium dogs (I pretended they were nitrate free and didn't ask to be told differently!).

Here are some pics from the weekend. Hayes has been talking about "Colly" nonstop since we've been back. Let the love connection grow stronger!

Papa supervising Hayes poolside...
Hayzey's first slam dunk!
Learning how to drive Papa's boat...
Stealing a smooch on the golf course...
Little people, big world...
Enjoying an American past time, baseball cap ice cream sundae...
Hayzey's two for two for baseball games at Chase Stadium...

In other news, we peaked in on the peanut yesterday and all looks good. It wasn't the most exciting ultrasound ever as the babe was head down, slightly hidden and I'm pretty sure napping, but we were able to snap a quick shot of it looking all cozy. 

Note: peanut is on the right hand side, shot is taken from the top so you're looking at the top of it's head and can see it's nose and tiny arm...
 Heartbeat was a solid 142 BPM and I was getting really strong boy vibes (I didn't see anything to confirm but I'm about 90% sure it's a boy now - call it mother's intuition but I just have a feeling). Anyways, I guess we shall see at the gender reveal in July ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment