I heart emails!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Recap

We had a nice, relaxing weekend doing not a whole lot of anything, which is exactly the way we wanted it ;-)

Yesterday morning, after letting Dada sleep in a little bit, Hayes and I whipped him up some brekkie in bed (a light continental spread of cinnamon toast and blueberries) before we headed downtown for our annual Father's Day dim sum. But lo and behold, when we arrived at our usual spot, it was - gasp!- closed! Turns out, business wasn't going so well for 'ole Empress Pavilion so they shut their doors permanently last week.

Luckily, we'd just been to Chinatown for dim sum for a friend's birthday brunch a few weeks ago, so we took a quick walk up the street to Ocean Seafood and managed to get seated right before a long brunch line formed outside (I think the trick to dim sum is to get there pre-11am). We feasted on asian delights (Hayes even opted for some creamy shrimp in lieu of the pb&j I brought along just in case!) until we didn't think we could possibly fit another morsel in our mouths.

Calm and composed...
Do you think these two are having fun?

Kisses for Dada...
Afterwards, we walked down to proper Chinatown and father & son had some fun with pop pops (dada's favorite) and Hayes rode some rides and threw some coins into the wishing well. 



Last night, Grant's folks came up for a homemade BBQ spread al fresco at our house. I know it wasn't my day, but I think it was pretty perfect (minus the whole my dad not being there part) ;-)

Immersed in the US Open...
I meant to post this last week in honor of Father's Day. I've watched it a couple of times and it makes my heart swell. 


We're truly lucky to have all of the amazing dads in our lives. We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment