I heart emails!

Monday, July 22, 2013

It's a....

 BOY!

Turns out the Duchess and I have something in common - both of us are having (or in her case, just had!) baby boys!

I've gotta say, even though I think I knew deep down that Peanut was a he, everyone's else confidence in the baby being a girl had made me second guess myself this week so when those blue balloons flew out of the box, I think we were all a bit taken aback. Especially Grant, who's choice of a fiery magenta tee made his prediction boldly known to everyone in LA - I think the poor guy is still pretty stunned that we're adding another boy to the brood instead of the daughter he thought would complete the family!


It's incredibly exciting news for Hayes, who will, I'm sure, LOVE having a little brother to play around with. The duo's unofficial name - the Butterscotch Stallions - is already floating around and the more I think about the reality of having two little guys, the more excited I become. It'll be a handful for sure; our house is going to be raged (just this weekend, Hayes poured green nail polish onto our couch and then started Monday off by drop kicking the door stopper off the wall in the main hallway, removing some of the base board in the process - sweet, thanks Hayes), but it sure is easier from a what-we-already-have perspective and if #2 is anything like his older brother, I can't imagine feeling anything but overwhelming heart bursting love for the kid. 

The Dake girls did an awesome job with the catering, as evidenced by the below pics. It meant so much to us to have so many people at the party to share our special moment, especially those who traveled from afar to be there. 

For those of you who couldn't be there, here's a little video of the grand reveal:


This guy has no idea what's coming...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment