I heart emails!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hayes-isms...

 
...he calls all sports he sees on television - whether it be football, basketball, baseball - "Go Canes!". Guess we know which team he's rooting for!
...Yo Gabba Gabba is out. Max & Ruby is in.
Frequently when he's watching Max & Ruby, which is a cartoon about a pair of bunny siblings - the older sister Ruby constantly dealing with her little brother Max's shenanigans, he'll exclaim, "What is Max doing?!?!"
...when he wants to get down from wherever he is - your arms, his high chair, etc... - he says "Hayes go downhill!"
...yesterday, we passed by a large billboard for an animated movie. He asked what it was and I told him that it was an ad for a cartoon you go and see in the movie theater. I said, "Maybe one day we could go to the movies", to which he responded, "And eat popcorn. Ya... that would be fun!" Where the hell did that come from?!
...he loves to "drive" my car and every time we pull into the driveway, he says to me, "Hayes honk one time?", as he knows it's the only way we'll let him into the front seat.
...every morning for the past week, he'll come into our room as soon as he wakes up and without saying a word, he comes around to my side of the bed and climbs in for a snuggle. He'll stay there until I get up for work, usually about half an hour, no TV on, not sleeping, but staring at the ceiling and getting cozy. When I tell him I have to get up to get dressed, he asks, "Mama lie down two more minutes?". Bliss!
...everything needs to come with a  "two more minutes" warning, instituted by Hayes.
...he's taken a big interest in the guitar, as of late; I think it's because his teacher at school (where he currently goes to summer camp) plays the guitar and sings for them every day. He'll pick his electric guitar up and sing to his heart's content. I'm thinking baby brother might get him a brand spanking new one when he comes to live with us in November ;-)
...every morning when he says goodbye to Grant and me, he gives us a big hug and kiss, pushes the button to unlock our cars and says, "Drive carefully!"

No comments:

Post a Comment