I heart emails!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Playing Catch Up...

I hadn't realized it's been 2 weeks since I last checked in... Time flies when you're having fun!

We've had a busy couple of weeks around here and I've finally found a moment to come up for air.

Hayes' transition back to school was pretty seamless (touch wood!). He seems to really enjoy his new class and teachers and we've found that as long as he has the classroom guitar in hand when we leave him there, he's happy as a clam (in fact, said guitar was the subject of a little scuffle with a fellow classmate last week - we're hoping Hayes was the one who came out victorious!). With the arrival of school, we've adapted into a new schedule with Nanna Susu, who now picks him up at noon on Tuesdays and Thursdays and is there for a full day on Wednesdays. We anticipate her hours increasing again once Deuce arrives (I think I'll need all the help I can get!) but this temporary reduction in hours makes the steep tuition for GBCP a little less painful ;-) I'm enjoying being able to drop my guy off in the morning, especially when his cubby contains masterpieces of art that he's created the week before - I can't wait to go home and hang the latest one on the fridge - such a big boy now!

Nanna Susu took her annual vacation to Myrtle Beach last week so Grandma Nini filled in as our resident nanny for the week. Hayes LOVED having her there everyday and keeps asking when she's going to come back. I honestly don't know how to express how thankful we are to have her so willing and available, not only for situations like that, but for the weekly babysitting we've come to depend on and weekend trips away - we truly are so lucky.

Speaking of weekend trips away, Grant and I headed to the east coast last Thursday to spend a couple of days in New Jersey with our friends, the Scuras, then onto a wedding in Rhode Island for an old college friend, Chas. While we enjoyed our break from our maniac toddler, I found it difficult to fully relax and savor the moment as I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable in this pregnancy. Nothing too major to complain about, but sitting on a plane for 6+ hours was definitely taxing on my belly and back. I'm trying to enjoy these last 7 or so weeks of normalcy before the hurricane that is Deuce arrives, but frankly, I'm getting quite ready for the inconveniences of pregnancy to be over and done with - I told Grant the other day, when you start daydreaming about taking a nice long run down the street (and you're someone who LOATHES running!), just because it looks like it's so carefree, you know you've been pregnant for too long!

Deuce is still seemingly doing great, baking away and putting on the pounds. He is a very active little guy, moving around all day and night, which is both fun and terrifying at the same time. The shipment of baby clothes arrived from my sister last week and have been unpacked and are ready to go - kid could wear a different outfit for everyday of his life, there are so many clothes! We're getting closer to deciding on a name (don't worry, 'Deuce' isn't it!) but are still having trouble agreeing on one we both love. If it were up to Hayes, he'd just go by "Baby Brother", so I guess we always have that to fall back on!

I'll leave you with some shots of the fam at a baseball game we went to a few weeks ago. It was a great night, Giants beat the Dodgers, Hayes enjoyed all of the junk that comes with stadium games and we even went on the field after to watch Hayes' first fireworks show, which, like father, like son, he LOVED (he's even requested "I want need fireworks right now" a few times in the past week. I like to be able to give my kid what he asks for for the most part, but not too sure how to handle that request!). Anyways, it was the perfect way to signify the end of Summer ;-)

Hayes' favorite part of the game: the beachballs surfing through the crowd. It was a BIG deal when we got our hands on one!
Following in his nana's footsteps and loving the cotton candy...
Happy Giants fan ;-)
On the field after the W...
Fireworks in the safety of Daddy's arms...



No comments:

Post a Comment