I heart emails!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Belated Weekend Recap

Auntie V and Thomas were in town last weekend so it was a busy one, filled with lots of time with the Cohen clan - Hayzey Badger was in his element, soaking in all of the attention before he will reluctantly have to share it with Baby Brother.

Auntie V and Thomas got into town late Friday night, so we just stayed home and ate our favorite Italian take-out, Brunello Trattoria (a truly hidden gem in Culver City which is not known for it's ambiance but the food never disappoints). 

Saturday morning, we headed over to a classmate of Hayes' birthday party. While I know the kid's mom fairly well (we're co-room parents this year at school), I wouldn't have been able to pick her kid out of a line up, so I wasn't sure whether it was a sympathy invite or what. I'm glad we went though, as the guest list was mainly kids from Hayes' class at school, which enabled Grant and me to get to know some of the other parents better. We were happy to see that there seemed to be some potential friend prospects - which is always a good thing since these are the folks we'll be socializing with in the school setting at least for the next couple of years.

Hayzey's favorite part of the party? The giant ba-moon centerpieces...
The theme of the birthday party was animals and along with various adorable crafts for the kids to do, there was a full petting zoo. Hayes, who has a slight fear of anything canine, asked on the way over whether there would be any dogs at Lincoln's house, to which I replied that I didn't think so, but that there might be goats... He seemed fine with that answer and although it took him a little while to warm up to the smelly farm animals, by the end of the party, he was throwing feed all over the pot-bellied pig and was even brave enough to pet the bunny rabbit. 

Do I have anything on my face?
Saturday evening, we left the boy at home with Nini and Pa and headed out to a new trendy taqueria on Beverly for an adult dinner. The food and drink were yummy, but I'm finding myself with less room in my stomach than usual due to the human being growing inside of me (which as a nice side effect means I've gained barely any weight the last couple of months!) so I wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I usually would have.

Sunday morning, we headed to the pumpkin patch to play around in the bouncy castle and hitch a ride on the train.

Father & Son twinsies!
Fun on the train with Auntie V and Thomas...
Cohen Fam Pumpkin Patch 2013
The rest of the day was spent lazing around the Kibbutz while Pa whipped up a delicious crab cioppino for dinner. While I missed the Maillouxes terribly and wished we could have been in DC with them all celebrating my home and native land's Thanksgiving, I was happy to have plenty of other family around for a more non-traditional holiday meal.

Hope y'all had a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment