I heart emails!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hawaiian Heaven

For the past 3 years, we've spent a luxurious week in January in the Hawaiian islands (Maui the first year, the Big Island the last two) with my parents. It's a trip we look forward to all year long and even though it seems a bit decadent to be jetting off to Hawaii mere weeks after the holiday madness ends, it makes it all the more enjoyable and the holidays ending all the more bearable :-)
Enjoying the view on our walk back from visiting the dolphins...
We decided to stay an extra day this year so we were there for 7 full days and 7 nights. We stayed in a gorgeous oceanfront house at Waikaloa, within walking distance to the beach and with plenty of bedrooms for our entire brood. Wayne and Penny graciously gave Grant and me the master since the logistics of the other rooms for the kids worked out better that way, so it was all the more enjoyable ;-)


Unfortunately, I came down with a really nasty cold while we were there (one I'm on antibiotics for now) so the vacation was a little tainted by my constant hacking and inability to breathe through my nose. I suppose there are worse places to be sick than Hawaii though - or that's what I keep telling myself at least to make myself feel better!

The trip was especially fun this year as Hayes is at an age where he LOVES swimming and going to the beach. The kid basically lived in the water the entire time we were there and we were even able to sneak away one afternoon while Nana watched Grey so we could spend some quality time at Ha'puna, our fave beach in the world (although sadly the snack shack was closed so no Hawaiian shaved ice this time).

I also got the best massage of my life at the Fairmont, an oceanfront hot coconut oil scalp, shoulder, neck, hand and foot treatment, courtesy of my parents, who I think felt a little bad for their sickly daughter. I'm still dreaming of it and will definitely be repeating that experience next time we're there!

Here are some more shots of the trip. With this gloomy 60 degree weather LA is experiencing this week, I'm seriously wishing we were back in the tropics ;-(

Getting a ride from Papa...
Vacation napping...
...at it's finest!
Cohen men relaxing...
It's 5 o'clock somewhere!
My little Grey goose...

Listening to the ocean...
One of many sunset swims...
Bros...
Mama and her boys...
Chillaxin...
Hayes enjoying a private concert at Lava Lava... (seems a generous tip warrants a couple of renditions of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!)
Hayes was feeling pretty comfortable in his own skin by the end of the trip...
Nana and Grey...
My guy...
Final cheers of Hawaii 2013... Until next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment