I heart emails!

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Back in the saddle again...

I've been back at work now for about a week and am slowly re-acclimating to my working-mom role. Of course, it helps tremendously that I am afforded such a uniquely awesome situation, working from home two days a week and from the office three days a week. The schedule really allows me to enjoy the best of both worlds - I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much of the boys and I'm also able to preserve my sanity by engaging my mind in something non-baby and toddler-related (not to mention the amount of personal things I'm able to get done - 10 hours is a long day!).

Coming back to work last week was harder than I expected it to be. When I returned to work after having Hayes, I didn't have any issues; I basically didn't think about him when I was at work, so in a way, I kind of forgot to miss him. I'm not sure if it's because there's double the love now, or if it's because I'm leaving an animated three year old and not just a baby blob (sorry Grey!), but I really missed those guys on my first day back! I physically missed holding them in my arms.  I found myself a little jealous of the nanny because I knew she was getting to spend all of that quality time with my boys while I seemingly twiddled my thumbs at work. 
The second day got easier and then it was already the weekend, where I got to spend a full four days with them. Then yesterday back at work was easier still and so on and so forth. It helps that Hayes could literally care less whether I'm there - when I drop him off at school, he is so insistent on updating his teacher Edith on where "Umi car" is (from Team Umizoomi) that he hardly notices as I'm leaving. And when he wakes up in the morning, he reminds me how much he likes the new nanny, Diana (a huge relief!), basically before he even says good morning. When I told him that I would miss him when I went back to work, he gave me a hug and said "Don't worry Mama, I'll see you when you get home!". So I'm thrilled that he's transitioned easily from having me around 24/7! And Greyson is so young, he doesn't know the difference, although his sleeping has gone to absolute hell the past week so I'm wondering if he's trying to make up for lost quality time with Mama by insisting on waking up every hour throughout the night. God damn 4 month cognitive surge!

Anyways, now that I'm back at work, I ironically have more time for this ole blog so you'll hopefully be hearing from me again on a more regular basis ;-)

Here are a couple of videos of the boys we've taken as of late.

Hayzey has started a soccer class every Saturday at a local park (with about 5 of his friends so that's been nice company for Grant and me). We've only been to one class so far and his enthusiasm was lackluster but when push came to shove, he did what he was supposed to do with the ball and we're hoping he sees the fun in the sport as he gets used to it.

And Grey is still our smiley guy, laughing at the same silliness Hayes used to laugh at, as you can see from the video below:


Man I love those guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment