I heart emails!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hayesisms and Greyisms...

Summer is flying by. Hard to believe that it's already August and that summer is almost over. Luckily, SoCal summer really goes until about the end of October (on Grant's birthday last year, I was sunning my 9+ month pregnant bump at the pool!) so we have a few months left of warmth but it's still pretty crazy how fast the last couple of months have flown by.

The boys are changing everyday, especially Greyson, who seemed pretty hell bent on not staying a baby for too long. He is months ahead of where his brother was with regards to his developmental milestones - we think it's because he's trying to keep up with Hayes, who he absolutely ADORES. And Hayes is a busy bee, constantly talking, always occupied with one activity or another. We've managed to keep him pretty busy this summer, with various summer camps, swim lessons, Soccer Shots and an exciting August filled with weekend getaways lying ahead. 


Here are some isms that capture where each of them are at in this moment:

Hayesisms {3 years, 5 months}...


...he is still fascinated with being a doctor. If you ask him what he wants to be when he gets older, he'll reply very matter of factly, "A doctor. For babies.", as if it's the dumbest question in the world. When we leave the house, he puts a pretend sign on the front door telling everyone that the doc is out. My left knee has been bothering me lately (no clue why as my lack of physical activity as of late is astounding) and when I was complaining about it, he hauled out his kit, donned his scrubs and gave me a check-up. After he was done, he told me I was lucky that the doc was in b/c he had been closed for the day.


...he likes to make the blanket a tent over our heads, protecting us from the pretend rain and having "secret kisses".
...you know those inflatable air-dancing blow-up men with the spiky hair that flop around outside of stores to get your attention? The ones you often find outside auto-repair shops? Well we have one close to our house and Hayes has named him Carlos. He frequently asks me if I think "Carlos will be popping around."
...we've been taking swim lessons, which Hayes hasn't been all that enthused about. Our instructor has flaked on a couple lessons (which is beyond annoying when you've left work early and dragged your 3 year old all the way there), but Hayes doesn't mind. In fact, when I asked him last night what his favorite part of the day was, he said, "My favorite part of the day was not having swim lessons." Ha!
...although he hasn't been enthused about the swim lessons, you sure wouldn't know it by the way he insists on traveling to the pool. No shirt, no shoes so he can be ready to swim as soon as he gets there!
...as I mentioned, we're going away a few weekends this month. One of our trips is to a house in Lake Arrowhead that we found on airbnb. I showed Hayes pictures of "the cabin" once and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. He asks me everyday to see the pictures again, especially his favorite one of the "boring games" (they have a shot of the board games in the coffee table in the gallery). Too much.


Greyisms {8.5 months}...


...he is all over the place, crawling, pulling himself up, starting to cruise. He is a seriously athletic baby for his age. And 'graceful' wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe it - you can hear his meat hooks slamming the ground from miles away...


...he has proven to be a total foodie, eating everything that's put in front of him. I don't think I've ever stopped feeding him because he was full; the kid would keep going and going if I let him. He uses his whole hand to shove food into his mouth and drinks his water like he's been dying a death of dehydration in the Sahara desert and it's his first drop of liquid. 

...he loves his older brother. His face lights up when Hayes walks into the room. This morning, he couldn't get close enough to him, climbing all over him and giving him open mouth kisses.


...when he gets really excited, he flaps his arms up and down like a little bird.
...when he sees his bottle, he needs it in that exact moment, or there will be hell to pay.
...he is a seriously early bird. Kid wakes up usually between 5:45-6a and I make him squawk in his room until 6:30a. It's worth it when I go in though, because you've never seen a baby happier to see you. And I secretly love the one on one time I get to have with him in the early morning hours, even if it means I'm passed out in bed by about 9:30p these days!

One final thing - I go back and forth with whether the boys look alike, mostly thinking they don't really (I think it's their eyes). One thing I can't argue about is that they definitely have the same look of annoyance they give their camera-happy mother!


We're off to Sonoma tomorrow for a long weekend of rest and relaxation with Nana and Papa. Looking forward to seeing the old folks and spending some quality family time eating our way through wine country. 

Hope y'all have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Great post . It takes me almost half an hour to read the whole post. Definitely this one of the informative and useful post to me. Thanks for the share.I also provide this service plz visit my site. Boston New Years Bring in the New Year, 2015, with sophisticated ambiance as seen in James Bond 007 movies, classy attendants, and an accommodating staff.

    ReplyDelete