I heart emails!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

four / fifty two



Hayes, age 3 years, 11 months: ...For his 4th birthday, we decided we'd start giving him a small allowance every week to teach him the value of money and encourage him to help out around the house a little more. Just some small stuff - cleaning up his toys, making his bed in the morning, moving his plate from the dinner table to the sink when he's finished with a meal. And by small allowance, I'm talking a couple bucks (although Daddy thought we should start with $5 - big spender!) - nothing crazy. I explained the concept of an allowance to Hayes briefly the other day and his eyes lit up when he realized having his own money would enable him to buy treats at Walgreens whenever he wanted (he would no longer be restricted to looking for "Han-kuh and Chwistmas pwesents" in February). So the other day, when he's helping me unload the dishwasher (score 1 for Mama!), he says to me "Look Mama, I'm making money!". Ha!

Greyson, age 15 months: His vocabulary is exploding, which is strange for us since Hayes didn't start really talking until he was almost two. This kid has phrases, people - AT 15 MONTHS! The latest in his cuteness overload is when he moves his fingers around and squeals "tick-a! tick-a! tick-a!", as he moves in on you for a tickle sesh. I.die.

Chanel: ...I'm in full planning mode for Hayzey's birthday party next weekend. We decided to make it easy on ourselves and not do it at the house so we're shelling out the big bucks and doing it at a local gym instead (the money is well worth being off the hook for the clean up!). Unfortunately, we still have to plan the food, etc... for 50 people - oy.

Grant: Just returned from a couple day business trip to NYC. Although I enjoyed my sleepovers with Hayes while he was gone, we're all happy to have Daddy back ;-) Since we're using our weekly babysitter (thanks Nini!) to go out tomorrow night for a good friend's birthday, we're staying in on Valentine's Day (how grown up of us!) and Grant's making a lobster feast. My contribution: taking a stab at these babies. Hope they turn out okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment