I heart emails!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My loves...

It's been far too long since I shared some of 'My Loves' (just looked and the last one was in September 2013 - wowzas!) so I've rounded up some of my current favorites for your reading enjoyment...

Valentines Day is around the corner and Pinterest is abuzz with creative Valentine's for your littles... I've got something up my sleeve that I intend on bringing to life this weekend with Hayes for his school's Valentine's Day party next week...

I recently dipped my toes into the world of podcasts and my thirty minute commute was instantly changed. I looked forward to getting into my car and when the podcast was over, I found myself bored with the standard radio I'd been listening to. While I anxiously await the second installment of Serial, I decided to make better use of my time in the car and am now listening to books. First up is Unbroken and so far, I'm really enjoying it. I love how I can essentially be reading two books at the same time by listening to one and reading the other. Grant and I may even do a book club type thing and listen to the same books, taking turns choosing the novel (I'm determined to make him a reader one way or another!).

When we were in DC last month at my sister's, we had one of those meal deliveries for dinner one night. The pre-portioned spices and ease of throwing what would normally be a complicated recipe together intrigued me and I wanted to give it a try so when Gilt Group had a special on plated a few weeks ago, I purchased the deal. Now we just need to choose a week with yummy sounding recipes and give it a go! Will report back on what we thought when we're finished.


We've spent the last couple of months thinking we might be moving to a new house, so the design ideas have been flowing. Now it looks as though that probably won't be happening (more on that later), but I still long to change up some of the rooms in our house, including our guest bedroom and Hayzey's room (kid needs a bigger bed stat!). I've got my eye on some adorable marquee letter lights I found and would love to get an H and a G for the boys' rooms. (Of course, as luck would have it, they're currently sold out of those letters - le sigh!).

Stumbled upon this article the other day and it really hit home. With all the mommy wars about the best way to parent, it's something to remember - we're all in it for the same reason and at the end of the day, everyone just wants what's best for their child (but PLEASE vaccinate, you crazy lunatics!).
A very well written article that's worth the read...

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment