I heart emails!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

three / fifty two


 
Hayes, age 3 years, 11 months: ...we recently gave him a new toddler clock, one that glows blue throughout the night and when morning arrives, it changes to a soft yellow light. The idea being that perhaps this would help him understand when morning comes during these winter months when the sun likes to sleep in a little, too. Unfortunately, he figured out how to change the clock from blue to yellow, which he does every morning when he wakes up before he comes into our room... including this morning, at 5:53am when our day started. Joy.

Greyson, age 14 months: ...when I pulled him away from washing his hands in the toilet the other night and scowled at him, he looked up at me and scowled right back, imitating the sound that had just come from my throat. Kid is a sponge, I tell you! (and a dirty one, at that!)

Chanel & Grant: ...we've spent the last 3 months trying to sell our house in order to move forward with a new build in a more desirable neighborhood. After two lucrative offers and lots of back and forth with the agents who were representing the sale of our current home and the purchase of the new home, we seem to have come to a dead end and I think we're officially moving on. We're both disappointed, to say the least; not only because we realize the amount of money we've lost from not selling our house, but also because of the amount of time and effort we put into trying to make this work (not to mention the excitement of potentially building a new house from the ground up). 

This morning, I pulled out a purse from the closet that I guess I haven't used in some time to take to work and when I was going through it, I came across our room key from our babymoon to Hawk's Cay in the Florida Keys. When we were on our babymoon, we were in the process of buying our current house (the first time) and had received some disheartening news which made us think it wasn't going to work out. And it did. So, while I'm not taking this as a sign that we are going to move forward with the plans we've been discussing for this house, I am taking it as a sign that all will work out, we'll find something better and we won't be living on top of each other in this house forever ;-)

And if moving to a bigger house in LA isn't in the cards anytime soon, consider yourselves lucky, dear readers, for you might just be visiting us at our vacation home in Lake Arrowhead sooner than you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment