I heart emails!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Love

I'm in love with Valentine's Day - not because I give or receive fancy presents (G and I implemented a no-gift V Day policy years ago when we decided to put the money we would spend on each other towards an annual weekend away in SF. That lasted a few years and then babies came along so now we just don't give each other anything...), but because I think it's nice to have a Hallmark holiday that reminds us of why we love those that are special in our lives and gives us an excuse to eat a bit more chocolate than usual ;-)

Valentine's is especially fun once you have kids who go to schools that have Valentines parties. An excuse to create something crafty!

And while Hayes is in the short-lived in-between not caring what he's giving his friends and insisting on cheap Spongebob Squarepants generic cards (I shudder at the thought!), I fully intend on capitalizing on my ability to make his Valentines for him.

I alluded to my plans in 'My Loves' last week, but here is the final product:

I 'mustache' you to be my Valentine!

Cute, eh?

I used free printables I found here.


Mounted them to red and pink construction paper with some good old fashioned school glue.


Then used these adorable Spritz felt mustache stickers I stumbled upon at Target ($1.50/pack - score!) to fill in the blanks.

No Valentines is complete without a little chocolate so I got out the old mustache molds from Hayes' 1st birthday party and created some chocolate 'stache pops to finish the sentiment.

Finally, Hayes signed them with his trademark 'H' and I filled in the rest of his name ;-)

 
The kids loved them and I was quite pleased with the final product.

Hope you all have a great Valentine's Day with your loved ones!

xo

ps - I didn't mean to make our non-gift giving V Day ritual sound so sad. My favorite part of Valentines Day is probably the most romantic thing my hubby does for the whole year - he surprises me with a single rose, usually on my car or like this morning, in bed after letting me catch a few more zzzzzs, a tradition he's been holding up since we were 17 and celebrated our first Valentine's Day together in Surrey, UK ;-)

This year's Valentine's bonus was a lovely handmade card I received from the other two Valentines in my life:

 Did you know today was also Poop Day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment