I heart emails!

Thursday, May 7, 2015

fourteen / fifty two


Hayes, age 4: ...he's recently decided he likes fruit (finally!) so after dinner goes something like this:
"I want some fruit too, Mama. I like fruit now!.
First I'll have some watermelon. Then a little pineapple. Pineapple is delicious. I like pineapple now.
Oh, can I have some apple, too? I'd like an orange too.
Now I'd like one strawberry and three blueberries.
GRAPES! I want some grapes too!
See how much fruit I'm eating, Mama? I usually don't like fruit but now I do!"
I'm not complaining - kid is finally getting some damn fruit in his system!

Greyson, age 17 months: ...newest trick? Yelling "HURRAH!" at the top of his lungs when we sing The Ants Go Marching. He knows it's hilarious and I laugh every.single.time.

Grant & Chanel: ...so this is happening:


Our first open house was scheduled to be this weekend (which, truth be told, was super inconvenient as we were going to be out of town and coordinating what to do with Greta and ensuring the house wasn't in shambles with the boys running wild was proving to be quite the pain in the ass) but we've pushed that back since we actually received quite a lucrative offer this week that we've accepted (ahhh!!). After having a couple of false starts in the past, we are waiting until everything goes through to get too excited, but it's looking promising and it's likely that we'll have to vacate our humble abode by mid-July and will spend some time back at our old stomping grounds, the Palazzo East. Hayes is thrilled because this means that he'll finally be living his dream of residing in a (town)home with stairs. I'm feeling mostly sad, even though this is a great thing and we're thrilled to have made such a profitable investment when we bought the house in 2011, because the reality is setting in that we'll be leaving our first home. New adventures ahead, I suppose, but I will miss our little Cohen Kibbutz and hope that it brings the new owners as much joy as it's brought us over the past 4.5 years.

In case you're interested, here is a link to the professional photos we had taken of the house:


We're still going to have an open house next weekend to try and get a back-up offer in case this one falls through, but fingers crossed this is the real deal!


No comments:

Post a Comment