I heart emails!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

seventeen / fifty two


Hayes, 4 years: ...he's starting to pull the "I'm scared" card at bedtime. I'm not sure if it's just another stall tactic, or if he really is scared of something so I'm trying to hear him out and assure him that he's safe, we're right in the other room and god dammit Hayes, you better get back into bed or you won't be getting a sticker for your chart! As a child, I was terrified of my bedroom, which was on the 3rd floor of our house, away from my parents and older sister. I think I slept in the guest bedroom, which was connected to my sister's room via a bathroom, for almost two years because I had irrational fears of sailors climbing in through my little sister's bedroom, which was located next to mine on the 3rd floor (I know...random). I can distinctly recall the feeling of dread I would have when I would try to sleep in my room - there was no rhyme or reason as to why I was scared, but I was and the fear was real, so I'm trying to keep that in mind and be patient with Hayes as he goes through this.

Greyson, 18 months: ...he's starting to string multiple words together and is labeling EVERYTHING! So he'll point out "Lolo's keys... Daddy's keys... Mama's coffee..." and tell us exactly what he's eating "dilla!" {quesadilla}..."a-ruh-ca-da" {avocado}. He's also becoming aware of when he's going to the bathroom; he'll clutch his diaper and look at me very seriously and say "poo" (he says poo regardless of whether he's going number one or number two). I'm trying to encourage him to become interested in his potty and have managed to get him to willingly sit on it a few times this week (in his diaper and full clothes but we're making progress here, folks!). Potty training is still a ways off (we don't intend to do it until next Summer) but I believe it's never too early to start talking about it!

Esther Cohen: ...Goodbye house! The old structure has been completely demolished and we have a nice blank canvas for the new house. We have a meeting next week with our builders to discuss what trees will be staying (as you can see, we have some gorgeous ones on the property, but sadly I think most of them will have to be cut down to make room for the much bigger abode) and to talk about the general timeline and milestones. This week, they're supposed to be laying the foundation and grading. Exciting stuff!

Gorgeous tree - look at all of those twisty branches! Sadly, even though this one is my favorite, I think it's 100% going to have to go as the house will likely need to go right on top of it.
We might be able to salvage this one, which is in the NW corner of the lot. It would be perfect for a treehouse, but might block out all chances of the sun to shine on our pool, which will be located to the right of it.
The only structure still remaining last weekend was the West wall of the former garage...

No comments:

Post a Comment