I heart emails!

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Chowdah and Lobstah Galore!

We spent an extended Labor Day weekend with Grant's fam at an adorable house in Chatham on the Cape. We were there to attend the wedding of Grant's second cousin, once removed (I think? I can never get that right!) but more importantly, to celebrate Nini's birthday and spend some quality time with the Cohen crew.

The boys loved every moment, from the daily trips to the beach, the all-you-can-eat lobster and ice cream (when in Rome!) and the 24/7 attention they got from their doting grandparents, Aunt V and "Uncle" Thomas, and Grant and I enjoyed being able to kick our feet up and relax for a little bit, happily letting the rest of the family take over our normal daily routine.

The wedding festivities were top-notch, from the authentic lobster clambake rehearsal dinner (ever gone for seconds on a whole lobster? Well, Grant has!) to the scenic ceremony officiated by the bride and groom's brother and sister (a first for me and really one of the best ceremonies/wedding roasts I've ever been to) to a fun reception (even for this sober prego) and just about the most perfect post-wedding brunch you've ever seen. The boys came to everything except for the actual wedding so it was nice to be able to include them and they were honestly on their best behavior (as Grandma Nini says, as long as your kids show well, you're doing something right!). 

Picture perfect rehearsal dinner...
Grey Grey not too sure about the lobster...
The fam jam...
I think I might have had lobster on four of the six days we were there, only restricting myself after learning that it's a moderate mercury fish (so really hoping 'Trey', as we're affectionately calling #3 doesn't come out with 8 eyeballs!). Uncle Thomas and Pa literally had clam chowder for every meal, I think, and Pa and I had a running competition on who's belly was bigger throughout the week (sorry Pa, I think you won by a longshot!).

 
It was a lovely vacation - the perfect way to end summer and we got back feeling refreshed and ready to take on the new school year. 


Here are some more pics for your viewing enjoyment ;-)

14 week bump...
Greyson assuming his ball boy duties...
I mean, where did my little baby go?!
Happy birthday Nini!
Pit stop at Camp Bournedale, Grant's old sleepaway camp...
Boys even got a ride from the old camp owner...
Jet Blue pilots are seriously the nicest. They let both boys sit in the cockpit and assured me that they could push whatever buttons they'd like (?!?!)...
Have you ever seen Greyson more stoked? Sure glad I wasn't a passenger on the next flight!



No comments:

Post a Comment