I heart emails!

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Party of 5!

The news has hit the world wide webs, but for those of you who haven't been following along, Hayes and Greyson have a very big announcement to make:


Yep, that's right! The final act of the circus that is the Cohen Family will be debuting in early March 2016 when Hayes gets promoted to biggest brother and Greyson finally gets a little of his own to boss around ;-)
After getting over the initial shock (trust us, we were as surprised as you are!) we are excited to make our family complete with it's newest member. We've decided not to find out this time, convinced that we'll be happy with another little guy or pleasantly surprised with a little girl (this mama's pretty convinced it's another boy though!). Grant never wanted to find out with the first two and I always felt like I had deprived him of life's greatest surprise so this is my way of making it up to him - plus, I'm actually finding it kind of fun not knowing what it is...

The little bean has been kind of rough on it's old mom for the first trimester and every time I think the nausea is gone for good, it rears it's ugly head again but I don't think it's any worse than Greyson was and luckily I have minimal symptoms otherwise. {Greyson was not a fun pregnancy!} My biggest problem is that the two aversions I seem to have are to the smell of the apartment we're living in (not much we can do about that!) and the smell of my go-to stretch mark oil, which costs a fortune but has carried me through two pregnancies with nary a trace of those awful silvery streaks so I'm not really wanting to fix something that ain't broke!

Fun fact: the due date is 3/2, which is the same due date as I was originally given for Hayes. I'm also living in the same apartment complex I was living in when I was pregnant with Hayes and I'll be moving when I'm 9 months pregnant. Isn't that weirdly coincidental?!

I broke down and started wearing maternity jeans this week (I hadn't worn jeans in a month and missed them terribly!) and besides my normal prego craving of iced green tea, the strangest and strongest ones I've had so far are for Chinese food and red meat. I'm passed out in bed by 9:30p at the latest these days and visiting the loo at least 3 times a night - so basically, I've been a really exciting person to be around this summer!

Anyways, I'm a little nervous about the prospect of caring for 3 who are so close in age, especially since I'm solo with them a few days a week sans our super nanny, who didn't even skip a beat when we told her I was pregnant (please don't ever leave us, Lauren!), but Hayes has reassured me that he can help me take care of two babies (he's including Greyson in that count - so relieved the bean is a singleton!), but that that's it, he can't care for 10! Duly noted my dear!

We'll keep you posted on the progress but happy to finally be able to share our exciting news with you all!

Already distinguishing itself from it's brothers, who were both facing the other way during their 12 week ultrasound...
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment