I heart emails!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas whirlwind...

I can't believe the holidays have already come and gone - this year seemed especially fast and as I sit here typing my holiday recap next to a tree that's seriously clinging onto it's last days (let's just say I could probably rub some of it's branches together and easily spark a flame...), I'm feeling a little sad that they're over. Sad and in an utter state of panic for what's to come in the next couple of months... We're supposed to be closing on our house in less than two weeks, moving shortly thereafter and welcoming baby #3 soon after that (gulp!). Oh and the huz and I also decided to take a last minute babymoon to Cabo in between now and the house closing. Crazy? Maybe. But I sure won't care when I'm lounging by the pool on what's bound to be one of my last kid-less vacations for quite some time!

Before I launch into my new years resolutions for 2016 (check this space tomorrow), it would be remiss of me to recap the last couple of weeks of holiday shenanigans... 
Loving his new police jammies from Auntie Wee Wee and Uncle Ryan...
Demolishing the gingerbread house Hayes and Grant made at school...
Hayes' school, GBCP has an adorable holiday potluck every year where you're paired up with another family to eat dinner and celebrate the festivities. This year, we were paired up with Hayes' bestie's family, Santiago and had our traditional Chinese food dinner (how stereotypical Jew is that?). The kiddos treated us to the most adorable Christmas presentation before dinner. I die.


We spent Christmas with my parents in Scottsdale; the boys had an absolute blast tearing their house apart (sorry Mom and Dad!) and Hayes was sad when I told him it was time to go home. I always say the sign of a good vacation is not wanting it to end and it was definitely the case for that guy. We spent plenty of time relaxing at the house and playing with new toys but we also managed to get off the rock a couple of times, taking the boys to see the lights and the train at the Fairmont Princess on Christmas Eve and to the Phoenix Children's Museum one afternoon, which they loved. It was a lovely Christmas (complete with a house visit from the big man in red himself!) and we've enjoyed the last couple of days being in a relatively quiet Los Angeles while everyone is away for that in between Christmas and New Years limbo. 

With a Lobster look-alike elf at the Fairmont Princess...
With Santa (who sounded an awful lot like Papa!) on Christmas Eve...

It's getting harder and harder to get a good family shot of the four of us, a task that I'm confident will be near impossible once we're a family of five...
Chaos...
Hayes was an excellent present-getter Christmas morning...
The chaos continues...
Delicious Christmas morning spread, including this amazing make-ahead French toast bake, courtesy of the trusty Pioneer Woman...
From the photo-booth at the Children's Museum. Greyson's expression in the second picture down when he realizes what exactly is happening in the booth is priceless!
Hope you all had a nice Christmas!

And here's a glimpse of the bump at 30 weeks - feeling large and in charge these days! 
10 weeks to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment