I heart emails!

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thankful for good food and new family members!

We have lots to be thankful for every year, but I spent Thanksgiving reflecting on just how much I have to be thankful for this year in particular.

The best family photo we could get...
Most looked more like this ;-(


Our two little guys could not bring us more happiness - I am constantly reminded just how fast time is slipping by and how quickly they grow up. Hayes is going to be five in February. FIVE! Whaaat?! It's hard to appreciate every moment during the mundane daily routine, but then he goes and says or does something that I wish I could bottle up and keep forever and I find myself desperately grasping to hold onto this time in all of our lives.
This might have been the best moment of Hayes' life...

And Greyson... he was a baby just yesterday, right? How is he already a fully functioning, communicating two year old? How is he already going to be a big brother in 3 months?! Where did the last two years go?

I'm thankful as well for Grant, my rock, my best friend for almost 17 years... We were babies when we met and now we're raising babies of our own and I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else in the world. I know how lucky I am to have him and I know how lucky we are to have the solid relationship that we have.

I could go on and on and of course that's a good thing. It's been a crazy year full of changes and surprises and next year is bound to be even crazier. But when I looked around on Thanksgiving day, I was feeling extra grateful for our solid support system of extended family members and friends (those who we were lucky enough to be with and those who we celebrated with from afar) who we can count on to be a constant in our lives. 

And the added bonus this year was the fact that we got to add a new family member to the brood. Aunt V and Thomas finally got engaged and we were able to be a part of it, which was pretty darn cool. Although we've considered Thomas a member of the family for quite some time already, it's nice to officially welcome him as Victoria's fiance and we're excited for the celebrations that lie ahead, not to mention spending some more time with his family who were all there for the big day and who we instantly fell in love with. 


The happy couple ;-)
Thomas thought of everything, even bringing ring pops for the boys...
Grant naturally acted as bartender for the big occasion...
And V's best friend, Clara came in for the afternoon to partake in the celebrations...
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. 
Let the Christmas Countdown begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment