I heart emails!

Friday, January 22, 2016

3/52

The boys snuggling my belly last week...
 Greyson, 2 years:...according to him, if you have a mustache, you're either G Pops or a pirate.

Hayes, 4 3/4 years:...our normally easy-going guy has been having a rough week and hasn't really been himself, throwing tantrums over tiny things like watching shows during dinner or being able to have chocolate milk and egging his little brother on to do bad things like bite other kids at the park or take off down the hallway when our nanny, Lauren goes to the bathroom. We're not sure what exactly is going on; perhaps it's some form of attention seeking or anxiety about the new baby coming, or maybe it's just something almost-five year olds go through, but we're doing our best to give him what he needs (and not kill him in the process). Next weekend, when we get ready to move, the big boy is actually going to stay up in LA with us while Greyson goes down to hang with Nini and Pa for a couple of days, so hopefully that'll help give him the one-on-one time he's craving and will make him feel a little less insecure. 

We did take the boys to the LA Police Museum last weekend and while I'm planning on doing a whole post about it, I couldn't resist including this teaser of Officer Hayes, who was in absolute heaven...

Note, the scrunched up face and leg up pose "makes it more serious"...

In what's definitely the most exciting news of the week, we've signed all of the paperwork and fingers crossed, as of Tuesday, January 26th, we will be second-time homeowners!! I will refrain from celebrating until it is 100% official (bank needs the weekend + a business day for the funding) but we're pretty excited and can't wait to start calling Esther home.

When we signed our paperwork for Livonia 5 years ago, I was 9 months pregnant and battling a pretty nasty stomach flu. This time, I'm 9 months pregnant and am dealing with one of the worst colds I've had in awhile, so I guess that's my M.O. when "celebrating" big milestones like home purchases. Hopefully by Tuesday I'll be all better so I can celebrate properly with a half a glass of champagne ;-\

Finally, a hankering for Chinese food and the need to use up some veggies we already had in the fridge made my options for a new recipe of the week limited, so I opted to try a side dish from Jessica Seinfeld's Can't Cook CookBook: green beans with sliced almonds. Not usually a huge green bean fan, but these were yummy and the perfect complement to another recipe I love from the same book for bacon-wrapped meatloaf. If you haven't checked out the cookbook, I highly recommend - lots of easy recipes you can whip up quickly and the results are usually quite tasty.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
 



2 comments:

  1. Hey there :) I can't help but mention that I am a Wellness advocate for an essential oil company and that we have oils for everything from helping with pregnancy and kids and overall health. There are oils that protect from environmental threats and maintaining health period. They are quite amazing and life changing. If you are interested in learning more please contact me at erin@wanderlustmassageandwellness.com. Have a great day :) Ps can also use several oils for cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there :) I can't help but mention that I am a Wellness advocate for an essential oil company and that we have oils for everything from helping with pregnancy and kids and overall health. There are oils that protect from environmental threats and maintaining health period. They are quite amazing and life changing. If you are interested in learning more please contact me at erin@wanderlustmassageandwellness.com. Have a great day :) Ps can also use several oils for cooking :)

    ReplyDelete