I heart emails!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Still Surviving Over Here...

Wanted to post a quick update to let y'all know that we're still alive and surviving over here. 3 kids leaves little to no time for luxuries like blog writing, but I promise to dive back into it when I return to work and have some time at a desk for a few hours every day.

This little miss is 5 weeks today and we are loving having her as the latest addition to the family. She is, overall, a pretty easy baby, for which we are very thankful for. She spoiled us by sleeping for literally the first three weeks of her life. Around her due date, right when we started bragging to people about how much of a breeze having 3 kids was, she began to act like a typical newborn, needing to be held at inopportune times and keeping us up at night. 

I will say that our of all of the kids, she's been my most enjoyable newbie - I think because I know she's my last so I find myself relishing in the newborn snuggles and being more patient with the inconveniences of having to stop what I'm doing to pick her up and give her some love and attention. 
Look at those baby toes!
Nursing has also been a fabulous excuse to kick up my feet and let Grant handle the boys - and he has stepped up big time since Henley was born so I'm very grateful. Between him, our nanny Lauren, various family visitors and Grant's mom, Nini, I had actually managed to avoid being on my own with all three for more than an hour or two over the last 5 weeks until today (?!). And I was really thrown to the wolves for my first day trying to be Supermom since Grant has been out of town in SF for work since Tuesday morning! I'm doing okay for the most part and even managed to make it out of the house this morning to take all three kids to the park (yay for me!), but honestly, certain times over the last 24 hours have seemed like the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I wish I was joking!

The boys have been great big brothers to their new little sister. Hayes in particular can be very helpful when he wants to be, holding her and keeping her distracted when I need both my hands to cook dinner or get ready for bed. They can also be super naughty and test every last ounce of my patience, so there have been a lot of deep breathes taken around here lately ;-)
Snuggles with G Pops...
I've got some posts up my sleeve and promise to write more when I have time (I'm particularly looking forward to penning a post on Greyisms - the kid is absolutely hilarious lately and I need to capture some of what comes out of his mouth). In the meantime, enjoy some photos of the last month and I'll check in again soon.
Just doing some yard work (since our gardeners don't...)...
We've started digging the pool and the boys are pretty enthralled...
Greta, constantly trying to insert herself wherever possible...
Gusser and Aunt Jess came for a visit last weekend. The boys had a ball playing "hide and sneak"...
Officer Hayes and his sidekick, Officer Gus...
Happy St. Pats!

No comments:

Post a Comment