I heart emails!

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Around here lately...

Holy moly, I hadn't realized it had been 3 weeks since I last posted. 
Time sure does fly when you're having fun!
The new schedule is insane. It's nonstop from dawn (well, sometimes before dawn) until bedtime and there's little time to do anything until it's time to go to bed and do it all again the next day. Between the boys' new school schedules, we feel like we spend half our lives dropping and picking up kids, then there's homework, making lunches, feeding children, laundry, school volunteering... Oh and that little thing called 'work' that has actually been keeping me busy lately (the nerve!). It's crazy
town around here and we're just doing everything we can to keep our heads afloat!

Hayes is in his fourth week of kindergarten and is still a little luke warm about the whole thing. It's a lot for him, being there every day, 5 days a week for almost 7 hours. He literally counts down to the weekend all week and loves his "early out" Tuesdays (they get out at 2:30 everyday except for Tuesday, when they get out at 1:30), but has made a couple of little buddies and seems to be enjoying it enough. He told me yesterday that he was part of a club at school that consisted of him, his friend Jackson, his friend Romeo and another kid from the other kinder class who's name he couldn't remember. What did they do in their club, I asked? Why, chase the girls, of course. Yep, it's already starting - we're instituting a 3 feet on the ground rule around the Cohen Cabana stat.

A birdfeeder Grey and I made a few weeks ago - I think it was the happiest day of his life. He keeps reminding me, "Remember when we made the bird feeder? Just you and me, Mom?" Kind of breaks my heart a little and definitely makes me realize I need to carve out some more one-on-one time with the kid!
Greyson seems to really be thriving at his school, even though he protests every morning about going and is quick to remind everyone that he doesn't have school everyday. His school has started a blog that's specific to his classroom and I absolutely love seeing pictures and videos of him in that environment, dancing and playing with his friends, since his go-to answer to what did you do at school today is the already frustrating "I don't know." This is one of my favorite pics of him from the blog - look at how relaxed he looks!
He's taking swim lessons again with Hayes' old swim coach, Mikey and seems to be doing well. We plan on doing that through the end of September and hope that by then, he'll be able to competently swim on his own. And when he's not in school or swimming, he's spending his days infuriating us and testing us like only a toddler can. He is out of control lately and we're hoping he doesn't send our new nanny running for the hills!
Henley has finally taken a liking to eating (thank god!) and is enjoying an array of sludge, her favorites being sweet potatoes and pears. We're slowly introducing more formula and less liquid gold and as much as it pains me to be done nursing my last baby, it's also really liberating not having to deal with all of that anymore. I will mourn the loss of these days when they pass, but she really seems to like the formula (maybe even moreso than the breast milk) and my philosophy has always been 'fed is best' so after a 6 month run of strictly nursing, I think I can be pretty proud of that. We are loving this age with her - she's easy going and lights up with a big toothy grin the moment you lay eyes on her. And she's finally starting to sleep through the night, which is the best news to report of all!
Grant is busy busy busy with work and has a hectic travel schedule planned for September, with trips to Cologne, Germany, Las Vegas and NYC over the next 3 weeks. I'm in a slight panic about being in single mom mode for so long, but it is what it is. He's embarking on a new career this Saturday as he coaches a team of 9 boys under the age of 6 (Hayes included, obviously) to win the figurative (they don't keep score) gold in AYSO (soccer). 

As for me, besides keeping busy with all of the above, I'm unhappy to report that my kidney stones are back ;-( Lots of aches and pains over the last couple of weeks and currently taking Flomax, a drug more commonly used for enlarged prostates in 85 year old men, I'll go have a CT scan next week to see what the situation is and then we'll determine whether I can pass these bad boys or have to go down the surgery route again. Good times!
That's a 10,000 foot view of the Cohen Family currently. Promise to be better about keeping y'all up to date with the happenings, but we're doing (mostly) well and excited that Fall is upon us ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment