I heart emails!

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Good Bones...

Absolutely heartbroken today in the aftermath of the senseless tragedy that occurred in Manchester last night. 
Trump finally got something right... monsters isn't a term these people deserve to call themselves, they'd like that too much. Evil losers is more like it.

How anyone could be heartless enough to want to harm a bunch of children at a pop singer's concert is beyond me. My heart breaks for the people that were affected, the families still searching for their daughters, missing in the chaos. And it breaks for my own children and everyone just trying to live their lives. It's heavy for the realization of what the world has become. Events like this make me want to pick up everyone I love and move to the middle of the woods, free of technology and terrorists and somewhat protected from the sickos who exist in society.

But we can't do that so we have to keep truckin' on, hoping we don't find our loved ones or ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. Because that's really what it's come to. The sad reality that you're never completely safe, but knowing you can't live your life in fear. 

Hug everyone a little tighter today. The world could use more of that.

Good Bones
by Maggie Smith

Life is short, though I keep this from my children.
Life is short, and I’ve shortened mine
in a thousand delicious, ill-advised ways,
a thousand deliciously ill-advised ways
I’ll keep from my children. The world is at least
fifty percent terrible, and that’s a conservative
estimate, though I keep this from my children.
For every bird there is a stone thrown at a bird.
For every loved child, a child broken, bagged,
sunk in a lake. Life is short and the world
is at least half terrible, and for every kind
stranger, there is one who would break you,
though I keep this from my children. I am trying
to sell them the world. Any decent realtor,
walking you through a real shithole, chirps on
about good bones: This place could be beautiful,
right? You could make this place beautiful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment