I heart emails!

Monday, June 19, 2017

Isms...

Hayes, 6 years
He's recently lost two teeth so there have been lots of questions about that mysterious fairy, the number one being why she didn't take the damn tooth but still left some scrilla last time she came (I don't know, Grant, why didn't she take it??!!). He's determined to trick her and keeps wanting to put the tooth back under the pillow to see if she'll double up on his payment. Smart boy!

A few weeks ago, I was explaining to the boys the importance of taking good care of your eyes, not shining lights directly into them and never staring straight into the sun (is that even a thing, or is that something akin to the whole never crossing your eyes while the wind blows thing parents tell their kids??). When I reminded them that these were the only eyes they'd get, Hayes was astonished, saying, "You only have one pair of eyeballs? What? I thought you had two, like your teeth?"

We put together a family summer bucket list last week and the number one item on hayes' list, close behind spending a solo night at Nini and Pa's house, is coming to work with me.
He calls the olden days the "old fashioned days".

Him and his friends st school are constantly dreaming up elaborate traps to get Greyson. The latest includes a helicopter, a giant robot and a volcano in Hawaii.

He informs me the other day, "You know what I saw at the library one day, but didn't want to get? A book about penises and paginas!" Yep, they're still 'paginas'.

We were talking about what he wanted to be when he got older; past aspirations have included pediatrician, policeman and shuttle bus driver. When I asked him if he still wanted to be a police man, he shook his head and said, "No, too hard." "So what kind of job do you think would be easy that you might enjoy?" I asked. "I dunno...a mailman?" he said. "Wouldn't it be funny if you ordered something off of amazon and I delivered it??" It sure would, buddy.

Greyson, age 3.5
In the same conversation about future career choices, Greyson informed us that he'd like to be a ninja. "I can teach you all the crime," he informed Hayes. Big shocker there!

He's a little jealous of all of the attention the tooth fairy has been giving Hayes. When I told him that he needed to brush his teeth or else they would fall out, he said, "I don't want to take care of my teeth. I want them to fall out so I can get money!"

There's a little girl in his class at school named Inez who he for some reason has such a hatred for. I first discovered this when he refused to say goodbye to her one day at school. After coaxing him to say goodbye to his friend, he looked her in the eye and said, "Inez is not my friend!" I was clearly mortified and thankful it was his non-English speaking nanny who was with her for the encounter instead of her parents. Since then, Inez has become a constant topic of conversation in our household. The biggest insult the boys can give each other is to be called 'Mrs. Inez' and when we want to get Greyson all riled up, we'll tell him we invited Inez over and she's going to sleep in his bed. Terrible, I know, but his buttons are just so easy to push!

He calls Diet Coke 'Daddy coke'.
He legitimately thinks he'll be 39 when Hayes turns 7.

He leaves intricate Lego sculptures on the side tables next to our bed and frequently asks that I sleep with certain stuffed animals of his. Speaking if his furry friends, he spent the first three years of his life sleeping like a spartan, absolutely nothing was allowed in his crib or bed. All of a sudden, he has to sleep with every single stuffed animal he owns. I can barely find him in there when I go to check on him at night!

He'll frequently say to Grant, his best friend, "Follow me wherever I go!"

Henley, 16 months
Girlfriend loves her accessories. She's never met a necklace that didn't become acquainted with her neck and spends her days removing and placing various beaded creations on her body. She also loves shoes, one of a handful of words she knows how to say and will often try and put on my high heels. Loving every minute of that!

She's also begun an obsession with toting panties around the house. Doesn't matter if they're hers, mine, her brothers or even her dad's boxers, if she can get her hands on them (and let me clarify here, we're talking about clean undergarments from the dryer), it's nearly impossible to remove them from her clutches.

The walking has finally caught on at 16 months and she'll drunkenly stumble around the house, falling every so often, but getting right back up. It's adorable and fascinating to watch her learn this basic skill.
I swear she knows how to say "I like that" and uses the phrase often.

I don't know if it's because she's number three and pretty much gets away with murder or if it's because she's a girl and the emotions are just ingrained in her being, but she is one dramatic chica. You even begin to utter the word no or calmly suggest that she doesn't do whatever she's doing and her entire face collapses into a full OMMC (open mouth man cry) and you find yourself backpedaling and consoling the poor thing. We're in serious trouble with that one.

She's learned how to somersault and cannot get enough of her new skill. Somebody put that kid in gymnastics class!

No comments:

Post a Comment